- Levels Taught:
- Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced
Whether you are looking to learn more in terms of playing, technical capabilities, musicianship, performance, auditions, or music in general, reach out! I am passionate about sharing my love of music and helping others reach their goals and improve.
I specialize in teaching:
· Performance psychology
I am a firm believer that anyone can learn, it is a matter of passion, devotion, and time and energy. Music and performance is what you put into it. I put my all into performing and teaching.
I will help you advance. Are you ready?
- Teaches students:
- Ages 5+ and special needs
- Teaching since:
My love for music has led me down a path of performing and teaching. I have an extensive background in both performing on trumpet and teaching music and trumpet.
I have over 14 years of performance experience (as a freelance trumpet player) where I have performed solo or with other musicians in a variety of settings including churches, restaurants, and clubs to name a few. I have a Bachelor of Science in Music Education from Indiana University of Pennsylvania (not to be confused with Indiana University in Indiana), where I studied trumpet.
• Dr. Bill Stowman, Trumpet Professor (Messiah College, PA)
• Dr. Kevin Eisensmith, Trumpet Professor (Indiana University of Pennsylvania, PA)
• Drew Coles, Jazz Musician and Educator (Columbia University in the City of New York, NY)
• Al Chez, Trumpeter, The Tonight Show (as part of the Crossmen Drum and Bugle Corps)
• James Freeman, Trumpeter/Educator (as part of the Bluecoats Drum and Bugle Corps)
• Various members of Blast! (as part of Drum Corps International)
• Monthly residency as part of the Leave A Lasting Mark benefit concert series at The Bitter End (NYC)
• Sideman for musicians
• Full senior recital and half junior recital during my time at Indiana University of Pennsylvania
• Semi-Finalist in the small ensemble division of the National Trumpet Competition (2008-2009)
• Performing on a trumpet professor’s recital during my time at Indiana University of Pennsylvania
• Working and performing with Marvin Hamlisch when he served as a guest clinician for the Jazz Ensemble at Indiana University of Pennsylvania
• Working with and premiering pieces by composer Richard Danielpour during his work with the Wind Ensemble at Indiana University of Pennsylvania
• Participated in the World Champion Bluecoats Drum and Bugle Corps (2007) and the Crossmen Drum and Bugle Corps (2005-2006)
Teaching Experiences Include:
• High Brass Tech for Encorps Drum and Bugle Corps
• Private Trumpet Instructor
• Assistant Band Director, Yough Senior High School, PA
• Substitute Teacher
Utilize psychology and teaching experience to teach members of the hornline (mainly trumpet and mellophone) on the technical aspects of the horn and musicality to achieve a high level of performance.
• Train members on group and individual processes of performance, motivation, and goal setting (organizational psychology/development, performance psychology/development).
• Train members on working together as a team and how that fits into the performance of the entire organization (team building, social psychology).
• Develop and implement team and culture building activities and teachings to promote teamwork, performance, and a solidified culture throughout the organization.
• Worked with the Brass Caption Head to produce a quality hornline with limited rehearsals in a short span of time in the debut year.
Provided instruction to students at a group and individual level and provided feedback on progress.
• Coordinated with the band director to plan lessons, run rehearsals, and plan events.
• Assisted with fundraising for band events as well as to benefit the band.
• Instructed classes including grading and discipline.
• Excellent results and feedback from students and teachers alike.