- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
Hello and welcome to my profile! Your first question as you decide on a teacher would probably be "Why you?" There are two skills to teaching language to adults: knowing the language itself and knowing how to teach it. Both are equally important. As a professional adult educator, I know how to make learning fun and interesting with varied study, games, and activities. I have been educated in Italian Language at fellowships in Florence, Rome, and Perugia. I have family in Tuscany and Campania and spend part of the year in Italy. I have advanced study in Adult Education and spent much of my career in Training and Development.
My first question to you as a new student would be: "Why do you want to learn Italian?" If the answer is that you are taking a trip to Italy and want to enrich your experience and get around with ease, then I structure your course as Travelers' Italian. It's very practical with essential vocabulary, customs, travel do's and don'ts and even street and highway signs. You will enjoy your trip and your interaction with Italians so much more if you know the basics.
If you are approaching this as a long term study for the love of the language, then we have a different way to teach and acquire it. Some of my students started with Travelers and so loved the language after the trip, they have continued to learn more advanced Italian.
I teach all levels of Italian from the practical Traveler's Course through Advanced Study. And I teach individual, semi-private and small groups. Let's get started. Andiamo!
I have taught various levels of Italian in groups and privately for schools in Dallas, Texas, Atlanta, Georgia, and St. Louis, Missouri. References available on request. Since arriving in Austin, in 2006, I have taught private lessons in my home or at certain public locations.
· Italian · In studio With a desire to enhance my trip to Italy, I decided to study travelers Italian with Julie Rinaldi. I was fortunate to find an excellent instructor with a profound knowledge of the language and a passion for teaching. Within the first few months my communication skills dramatically improved. I traveled to Italy secure in my ability to ask and understand directions, order meals and the highlight, engage in conversation with several Non-English speakers.
I recommend Julie Rinaldi with confidence to anyone traveling to Italy for business or pleasure.
· Italian · In studio Julie knows your strengths and weaknesses and tailors her lessons accordingly. She will not move on to a new concept until you have mastered the current one, so you never feel inadequate or behind.
· · Julie is not a native Italian speaker, but one whose heritage has given her a passion for the language. Because of that, she teaches with the empathy and understanding of someone who has also been a learner...one who has now mastered the mechanics, nuances and expressiveness of Italian. She is an engaging teacher, always well-prepared and encouraging.
· Italian · In studio I took Italian I and II from Julie and it was one of the best learning experiences ever.! She worked hard (and patiently) to make sure that the concepts, the grammar, and the vocabulary was well understood before moving to the next lesson, offering extra help as needed. Julie was always well prepared and the learning was fun and challenging.
· Italian · In studio Julie really understands how to teach a second language to mature adults. She is flexible, patient, enthusiastic about the beautiful Italian language and is always well-prepared for our lessons.
· Italian · In studio I was lucky to find Julie Rinaldi Burns and take part in her Italian I and Italian II Classes. I had already taken a beginning Italian language class at a well-known and recommended school in Austin, and honestly, learned so little that I felt it had not been worth my time or the cost -- which was up there. Julie's approach is one that guides the student through the basics in a logical and fun way so each skill builds solidly upon the next. That in turn builds confidence to speak and read and tackle harder concepts. After taking Julie's course, I attended Leonardo da Vinci Language School in Rome. My placement interviewer and my teacher both remarked that my understanding and breadth of vocabulary was unusually good for a beginning speaker. Kudos to Julie.
In short, my Italian language learning experience with Julie was simply excellent.