- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
Julie holds a BFA in Musical Theatre from Pennsylvania State University with a focus on contemporary and musical theatre vocal technique. She has been a sought after performer both in the studio and on stage recording and performing from New York to Austin. Julie opened her studio Vocyl Studios in Austin in 2010 and has become the vocal go to for the performers in the Live Music Capital. She is passionate about teaching the healthiest technique to give singers the stamina to not only sing for hours but sing for life as well. Julie's technique builds voices to last throughout the demands of a professional career.
*** Lesson Details ***
I believe strongly in creating a fun and creative atmosphere. A lot of troubles singers seem to have stem from being nervous to sing in front of others. Singing should be an enjoyable experience and that's what I try to create at my studio. I believe strongly in creating a good foundation on which to build on so you can sing any style of music, but also think when students can sing songs they really enjoy singing it helps the learning process. After 3 Months you will have learned:
HOW TO BELT!
Eliminate vocal fatigue and tension
Improve vocal range, tone and flexibility
Develop diaphragmatic breath control
Improve strength and endurance
Bridge the gaps between chest & head/falsetto
Clear up nasality, breathiness or tone imbalances
Learn pop “sound” and style (all contemporary styles)
Improve diction and phrasing (“sing like you speak”)
Change from Musical Theatre or “legit” singing to Pop, Rock, R & B genres
Find your own signature sound and style
Improve vocal performance
*** Studio Equipment ***
Music room with microphones, keyboard and a guitar. I also have some instructional posters demonstrating
how the voice works.
*** Specialties ***
Contemporary/ Pop/ Rock/ Musical Theatre
Teaching the correct and healthy way to belt.
Founded in 1944, National Association of Teachers of Singing, Inc. (NATS) is the largest professional association of teachers of singing in the world with more than 7,000 members worldwide.
· Singing · In studio Julie is a wonderful teacher, and we are happy to have her. I would definitely recommend her as a teacher!
· Singing · In studio Julie was great- very personable, fun and knowledgeable (not to mention she has an incredible voice herself!). I look forward to my lessons!
· Singing · In studio She's awesome! Great teacher! She's patient. I really like her!
· Singing · In studio Julie is the best! I had never taken individual voice lessons before, but she really opened me up to whole new world of singing I never thought I could do! I learned so much from her and she is so much fun to be around too. She makes it fun and after just one lesson I felt more comfortable signing in front of other people. I definitely recommend taking lessons from her, she is awesome!
· Singing · In home TAKE HER! She listens, offers advice, and helps you set and work towards a goal. I came to her just to prepare for a musical theatre audition (my first ever at 23) and she helped me pick a song. I know nothing about musicals. We tried a few and then she sent me one transposed and with a transposed accompaniment that I could sing along to in between our once-a-week sessions. She even covered how our bodies actually produce our singing voice (diagrams and everything) and how we can manipulate them. I've been to others but they just focus on sounding pretty. She helps you get to know your voice and how to use it.
When I began I was sure that I was just going to ride out the five lesson package for my audition but Julie made it so chill, fun, and informational that I will continue to take lessons with her in the future.
· Singing · In studio I love Julie. She makes me feel very comfortable and has a great personality. I have been to other voice teachers and she has a special way about her that helps me have more confidence!
· Singing · TAKE HER!!!
Julie has been an amazing teacher! I've been doing lessons with her for almost six months now. I came in with very little experience (I couldn't even match pitch!) She's taught me how to control my breathing, how to increase my range without straining my voice; most of all, she's given me confidence in myself and my singing ability. I'm now singing various songs from some of my favorite artists, singing in my home and car and actually liking my sound production, and now I'm getting numerous complements from my friends and family! Julie is extremely knowledgable, patient, and encouraging and I would recommend her to anyone who is looking to learn how to master their voice and have fun while doing it!
· Singing · a safe environment for passion and skill to ignite
Julie has a passion for music and vocal training, and i'm so thankful to be taking lessons from her. I love to sing, but became discouraged a few years ago and thought it was time to give it up. When I came to Julie, she helped me evaluate my weaknesses and strengths, and is teaching me overcome my fears and insecurities. My breath control and vocal range are growing stronger each week, and Julie's encouragement and daily vocal exercises are giving me the confidence to sing and perform in a way I didn't think I could. Her studio has a warm, inviting atmosphere, and is equipped with the tools to help you reach your goals.
· Singing · Highly Recommend!
Julie Foster is an extremely gifted voice teacher. She has the wonderful ability to make you feel completely relaxed and at ease during each class. Her sense of humor, encouragement and knowledge provide for a fun and productive class each and every time. I feel I have learned so much from her over the past 6 months and feel more confident in my singing ability than I ever have.
Highly recommend her!
· Singing · Great teacher!
Julie is a great teacher. She is encouraging and genuinely enthusiastic about her students. She has a great ear, and a gift for explaining and demonstrating technique. I was an actor who couldn't sing. Now I can, thanks to Julie.