Background check: Last verified 09/25/2016
Jules passed a background check on 09/25/2016 that included the following:
- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
Jules teaches: Ages 10 to 70
Teaching since: January 2004
Last sign in: More than two months
I have been singing, playing instruments and performing since the early 1970's. I love teaching the magic that is music.
Blowin’ the Blues
I taught piano, guitar, voice, harmonica, banjo, and ukulele.
· Guitar · Online I have taken several guitar lessons with Jules via FaceTime, and I've learned so much! It is so nice to be able to learn how to play an instrument from my own home. The lessons were tailored to me and my own progress. She not only teaches chords and notes, but the music theory behind the chords, which can be applied to any instrument. Each lesson with her is more rewarding than the last.
· Acoustic Guitar · Online "Jules has been teaching our daughter about the guitar; not just how to play the guitar, but also about the guitar. Jules is extremely knowledgable about music and is passionate about sharing that knowledge with our daughter. The lessons are not only very informative but always tend to have a healthy element of fun as well. My wife and I are very happy to have Jules teaching our precious girl and we are excited to see how she'll grow and thrive in this aspect of her musical education."
· Ukulele · Online Love using FaceTime or Skype with Jules! It's so convenient - she has been able to accommodate my sometimes shaky schedule, and she's always so kind and encouraging. It's hard for me to open up and try things when I know others are watching, so being able to do this from my own home makes me feel a little less self-conscious. Jules is knowledgable, fun and patient (thank God). I highly recommend her for guitar, uke, or piano! (I do a little of all of these and she is happy to let me choose what I am ready to work on).
· Acoustic Guitar · Online Even though I have only been with Jules for a short time, she has taught me a great deal. Because of my schedule we do mostly online lessons, and it works fantastic. Without it, I would still have to be taking sporadic lessons, and praying that one day I would be able to play the guitar. It's incredibly convenient, and when I travel all I have to do is find an Internet connection and Jules is there, teaching me just as if I were in her studio. Now I can have some consistency to my lessons! Just today My husband noticed howw much I have improved over the 5 weeks with Jules.
· Piano · In home Our daughter has been taking piano and more recently voice with Jules for over 18 months. Our daughter is now almost 8 years old and has been taught excellent basics in piano and plays the piano on her own all the time. She then indicated interest in singing - and being versatile and accomplished herself, Jules has been teaching both. Jules is honest with genuine concern for her students - that they learn the music well but also that they apply those disciplines throughout other areas in their lives. She is funny, kind and thorough. If you are looking for an instructor for musical instruments, you'll be grateful to have Jules as a teacher and mentor in your child's life!
· Acoustic Guitar · In home Our son began guitar and piano instruction with Jules about three years ago. She is an extraordinary teacher and mentor to him. She focuses on fundamentals and works off of those so our son has a strong foundation. She is very pleasant but also set on good form, skills, and consistency. We are very fortunate to have her in our son's life as a music teacher and just as a great role model.
· Piano · In home Jules started with our seven year old daughter on piano just over a year ago. Several weeks ago, we also incorporated voice lessons.
Jules is the real deal. She relates to our daughter at a level she can understand and presents a well rounded lesson covering the instrument, music history, and keeps the lessons light and fun though always on focus.
I can't emphasize how talented Jules is across so many instruments. She is a multi-faceted gem that anyone serious about wanting to learn to play an instrument, music, or singing should definitely have on their radar.
· Acoustic Guitar · In home Jules, in a word, is "amusicalmazing."
We started our then 10 year old son with her on guitar three years ago. What Jules has imparted to him in terms of theory, mechanics, history, and everything to know about the guitar is astonishing.
Jules is thorough, patient, extremely talented, and a natural teacher. Her passion for music and ability to impart her wisdom to her students knows no bounds.
In the past few months, Jules also began teaching our son the piano in addition to the guitar. He practices both instruments regularly and has improved confidence on many levels of his life (musically, academically, socially, etc.) -- and I credit Jules for that.