- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
I enjoyed my accompanist duties at Fitchburg High School, playing for their musicals; The Wizard of Oz in 2015 and Once Upon a Mattress in 2016, and also for their Winter and Spring concerts.
In July, 2015, I passed the Massachusetts Test for Educator Licensure (MTEL), completing the Communications and Literacy Skills-Reading and Writing.
Before I relocated to Massachusetts, I was an Active Member of the Music Teachers' Association of California, South Bay and Pomona Valley Branches, starting in 1980. I also served for 5 years as the Vice President of Music Teachers' Association of California, Pomona Valley Branch.
I have Adjudicated for the National Federation of Music Clubs.
My educational background:
B.A. in Music History and Theory, California State University Fullerton, 1980
Minor in English, California State University Fullerton, 1980
M.B.A. With Distinction, NYIT, 2006
Honor Code Certificate, Harvard University, The Ancient Greek Hero in 24 Hours, Epic and Lyric, 2014
I have more than 34 years teaching experience, with student honors and awards in Music Teachers' Association of California Certificate of Merit program and Associated Board of Royal Schools of Music exams.
English tutor, ESL tutor with experience tutoring students in South Korea online
I am a published author of a novel, several short stories, and many articles about Music Education. My articles about music, film and fashion appear online.
Private piano studio opened after graduation from California State University Fullerton with a B.A. in Music History and Theory and a Minor in English in 1980.
My students successfully in Certificate of Merit Exams annually with the Music Teachers' Association of California. I am a past Vice President (5 years) of the Pomona Valley Branch. International students studying with me has successfully passed their ABRSM ( Associated Board of the Royal Schools of Music Practical and Theory Exams.
Communications and Literacy Skills- Reading and Writing
Passed July 9, 2015
I have passed the CBEST, required of prospective classroom teachers before they begin student teaching in the State of California.
Brainbench tests and certifies individuals in different skill areas.
· Piano · In studio Ms. Judy is my son's first private piano teacher and one of his favorite ones. Patrick, my son, started learning piano late at about 11 years old and he could start playing pieces fairly quickly within months. She is very patient, mindful, and thoughtful. When Ms. Judy needed to move over to east coast, she provided a list of local piano teachers and even recommended one who would fit best with Patrick. With the strong background knowledge from her, Patrick continues learning piano with the recommended teacher and enjoys playing harder classical pieces. I strongly recommend Ms. Judy as a piano teacher!!!
· Piano · In studio Both of my children have studied with Ms. Judy since age 3. Her knowledge of music is excellent, and her kindness and generosity is unsurpassed. She is extremely patient with children and simply a joy for the whole family to work with.
· Piano · In studio Ms. Judy G is my child first piano teacher since she was 7, even we moved over 30+ miles, my child still prefer Ms. Judy as her piano teacher.
Ms. Judy has 50+ years experience on piano and many music instruments, she knows how to make lessons fun with lots of patient.
· Piano · In home My son started with Ms. Greenlees when he was a beginner and has advanced to level 5 of the Alfred Basic Piano Library series. Ms. Greenlees is patient and great with kids! She listened attentively when he played, helped to correct his mistakes and improve his techniques. She has a relaxed style yet set high expectation and encouraged him to reach the next level. We are thankful to Ms. Greenlees for her help in developing and cultivating my son's interest in music!
· Piano · In studio Ms. Judy is an awesome Teacher ever!
· Writing · In home Ms. G was an amazing teacher for my child that definitely benefited her for the better. She is an absolutely wonderful educator and very patient and caring towards my child. She's also a talented art teacher and inspired my kid to continue on with the field of arts. Even if she has left us we will try to still learn from her in the online courses that she offers. We are still missing her from parting with us but we surely do wish her good luck in the future.
· Piano · In studio My two sons both take lessons from Ms. Judy. My oldest son learns writing and English Literature from Ms. Judy. He is 11th grade and Ms. Judy taught him a lot in preparing vocabulary test, writing papers, and correcting grammar. My 7 years old learns piano, writing and art. He did not like drawing or coloring, but after he took art class from Ms. Judy, his interest in art is growing. Ms. Judy is very patient and highly knowledgeable in every subject she teaches. I recommended Ms. Judy to my friends, they all love her. Our family is very thankful to know Ms. Judy and wish her a blessed life in Boston.