- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
My primary goal as a music educator is to encourage self-expression and individuality. I have a decade of experience helping modern singers young and old find their personal styles and voices, using science-backed vocal technique and a personal workout routine for every student. Singing is the ultimate form of self-expression and can be ground zero for finding confidence, fulfillment and adventure in life.
I also have 15+ years experience teaching music theory, keyboard skills and songwriting, and have been performing for two decades solo and in cover/function bands, as singer, keyboardist and even trombonist.
I hold a Master of Music in Composition from Virginia Commonwealth University and I am also a Certified Personal Coach.
Ran group singing classes geared toward students who might not otherwise be encouraged to pursue musical dreams. Primary goals were to help students build self-esteem and experience the natural high that comes from performance.
The Singers & Musicians Studio offered private voice, drums, keys, guitar, and bass guitar lessons to children and adults. Students worked individually and performed in rock band ensembles during the many student gigs we put on each year. I taught private lessons and directed all ensemble classes.
· Singing · In studio Judy has been my daughters coach for a few months. My daughter is 13 and not very confident in her skills but Judy has been working with her to boost her self esteem in singing. She has a great sense of humor and knows how to handle kids expertly, and as a result my daughter is gaining self confidence in order to sing in front of others. I highly recommend her!
· Singing · In studio I would highly recommend Judy to everyone! I've been through different vocal coaches but there's a reason why I've stuck with judy. She's encouraging but tells you the little tweaks you need to fix. She doesn't sugar coat anything but she always tell you in a nice way so no ones feelings get hurt. She encourages me to do better, she's there to talk about what's going on in my life, like she truly cares. She taught me how to acknowledge all the roles singing plays in. I've learned , and have truly become better because of Judy! Highly recommend her all the way!
· Vocal Training · In home My 7 year old loves to sing and wanted to take voice lessons. She is very shy around strangers and has Selective Mutism, but by the 2nd lesson she didn't even want me in the room. She was comfortable and looks forward to the lesson every week. She has started moving to the music and listens to all instruction. She practices at home everyday. I noticed this week at her dance recital she has more confidence and it shows in all aspects. Best decision we have made!!
· Singing · In studio Judy has been my Singing and Music Theory teacher since September. I told her I wanted to strengthen my voice and she gave me all the tools and tips to do that and they worked! I sing more confidently and stronger than ever. She also made learning music theory a breeze. She is such a sweet and passionate teacher who will do great things for your music path!