Joshua Burgos Teaching Studio offers private instruction in viola and violin performance. Lessons are highly customized to accommodate the musical interests and needs of each student. Joshua teaches beginner to advanced level viola and violin performance and has worked with children, teenagers, adults and university students.
Lessons take place at Joshua's private studio in the Port Richmond area of Philadelphia, and with special arrangement at student's home or online via Skype or Google Hangout.
In addition to Joshua's work at the Teaching Studio, he is Associate Faculty at the Volidera Musica Institute for Strings and Faculty at the Burgos International Music Festival.
At Volidera Musica, Private Instruction is founded on the principle of embracing the Future, while drawing on rich Traditions of the Past. All aspects of music education, from fluent note reading to historically informed performance, from ergonomically correct alignment to implementation of the latest innovations in playing accessories available on the market, are of significance in our quest to help you or your child reach fullest potential in musical studies and ability to play an instrument.
- Teach beginner and intermediate viola/violin lessons.
- Arrange viola and violin duets for Spring Art Showcase.
- Write weekly reports of student musical and technical development.
The Institute offers musicians of all instruments the opportunity to explore and deepen the role of service in their careers, through a combination of seminars, workshops and participation in Community MusicWork's award-winning youth programs.
Upon completion of the course, teachers would have explored the fundamental principles and early stages of teaching violin and viola through a series of engaging video lectures and lesson demonstrations, including: Individual Lessons, Group Lessons and Master Classes. Teachers also engaged in a series of exams, discussions and reflections with colleagues and peers across the globe.
The American Viola Society is a nonprofit organization of viola enthusiasts, including students, performers, teachers, scholars, composers, makers, and friends, who seek to encourage excellence in performance, pedagogy, research, composition, and lutherie. United in our commitment to promote the viola and its related activities, the AVS fosters communication and friendship among violists of all skill levels, ages, nationalities, and backgrounds.
· Viola · In studio I would highly recommend Joshua as a viola teacher. My 13 year old son has been taking viola lessons with him for 2 months and I can already hear an improvement in his playing as well as see a marked improvement in his bow hold and body alignment. My son had previously taken private lessons with another teacher for about a year, but Joshua is really helping him to focus on proper technique. Joshua is a very professional, affable and patient teacher.
· Violin · In studio test
· Violin · In studio I highly recommend Joshua for violin or viola study. Joshua maintains high standards for his students but is patient and professional at all times. His communication style is friendly and down to earth. I have learned a great deal from Joshua about how to approach violin exercises and, most importantly, the reasons behind the exercises!
· Violin · In home Joshua is very professional he was very thorough explaining and teaching and patient when I would mess up and he explain things in a way I easily understood and could follow through with his instructions I look forward to future lessons with him.