Experienced performer and teacher with 14 years of professional experience in both. Member of: Albany Symphony, Chattanooga Symphony and Opera, Opera Saratoga. Performances with: Orchestra Kentucky, Jackson Symphony, Gateway Chamber Orchestra, Nashville Opera, Huntsville Symphony, Boston Lyric Opera, Rhode Island Philharmonic, New Hampshire Music Festival, Tucson Symphony, Boston Philharmonic, New Haven Symphony, and many more.
Experienced teacher, with 14 years of private teaching experience, including six years as the Horn Instructor for the Wellesley Public Schools and for the Dana Hall School in Wellesley, Massachusetts.
Extensive recording experience, including TV shows and performances on one Grammy Award Winning Recording and one Grammy Nominated Recording with the Albany Symphony Orchestra.
Horn instructor for the Dana Hall School of Music and Community Music Program.
Horn instructor with a studio of between 10-16 students ranging in age from 4th-12th grades. I have had several students get into the All-District and All-State bands in Massachusetts.
Celebrating music through the GRAMMY Awards for more than 50 years, The Recording Academy continues its rich legacy and ongoing growth as the premier outlet for honoring achievements in the recording arts and supporting the music community.
A labor union representing professional musicians in the United States and Canada. Founding in 1896 as the successor to the "National League of Musicians," the AFM is the largest organization in the world representing the interests of professional musicians.
· French Horn · In studio My son took French horn lessons from Joey for several years. He had been taking lessons with another teacher before. The amount of progress he made after switching to Joey was impressive. Joey holds students to a high standard but he is never impatient or harsh. He is organized without being uptight. He has the perfect balance of collegiality and authority. Lessons are the perfect balance of fun and work. On several occasions he went shopping with us for a new horn or new mouthpieces.
We were very sad when Joey moved from Massachusetts to Tennessee.
· French Horn · In studio I traveled with a French horn playing friend to Joeys house. I had 4-5 lessons before Joey moved. Such a patient teacher! Always creating fun activities to teach a point. Husband Jim wants me to have a lesson in Nashville so we can go back to Broadway! I'd love that!!
Best of luck in Nashville
· French Horn · In studio I took lessons with Joey for 7 years and found him helpful and talented, and perhaps more importantly, fun and easy to get along with – I looked forward to our lessons each week. He was very flexible when it came to lending support for recitals or putting in extra time to prepare for an audition. I would highly recommend him to musicians of any age or skill level.
· French Horn · In studio Joey was a great teacher for my son! Very easy going and able to motivate Connor to improve. We lost him as a teacher when he moved away.
· French Horn · In studio Our son learned to play the French Horn with Joseph right from the beginning and he loved his lessons with him. Joseph was great at teaching and impressing the love for the instrument, showing him how to care for it and always so patient and friendly. He went out of his way to help us choose the right instrument for him to grow with. We were so sad when he told us he was moving and we wholeheartedly recommend him as a teacher.
We wish you all the best Joseph and if you ever come back to the Boston area please let us know.
· French Horn · In home Mr. Demko is a wonderful teacher and person. And he's also a wonderful horn player. The combination: enormous patience, great advice, a sense that he's having fun, a seeming delight in duet playing with this inferior player, and a very pleasant personality. As a result of his teaching, my own playing improved dramatically. It was noticed by my musical colleagues and audiences.