- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
13 years ago, I picked up a guitar and began my life-long pursuit of music. This pursuit has led me in a wide variety of directions. Today, I am the worship leader for Living Life Church, an on-staff music-producer and session musician at Drive35 Productions, and a passionate instructor.
I have a passion for a wide variety of styles of music. For several years, I was the lead guitarist, singer, and songwriter for multiple independent rock bands, the most notable being an indie psychedelic band called Tod The Fox. I have led worship for many churches including Grace Fellowship UMC, Brazos Pointe Church, The Cornerstone College Ministry at UTA, and FUMC Allen in varying capacities. At UTA, I studied Jazz and Classical guitar under acclaimed guitarists Sam Walker and Billy Robertson. Here, I also studied theory, piano, sight-singing, and music-production extensively. I graduated Magna Cume Laude with a Bachelor of Music-Media from UTA. After school, I spent 9 months interning/assistant engineering with acclaimed musician/composer/producer Brad Nyght at The Bakery Studio in Dallas- whose credits include being the drummer for The Michael Gungor Band and Desperation Band. Then, got hired as an on-staff session musician and music producer at Drive35 Productions. I have also played guitar, mandolin, and bass for multiple pit orchestras and guitar for the North Lake Jazz Ensemble with director Jim Eger.
My teaching style varies from student to student. Music is a wonderfully diverse subject and every student has his own aspirations. I will do my best to cater each lesson to the student's goals and interests. Whether that is classical guitar method, rock, jazz, folk, country, pop or anything in between.
I have an excellent internet connection and microphone set up for online lessons. I also utilize screen-sharing to make the lessons as close to real life as possible.
A few of my favorite artists include: Michael Gungor, Joe Pass, Andrew Bird, Chopin, Led Zeppelin, Glen Hansard, and Radiohead.
*** Lesson Details ***
Lessons will vary significantly from student to student. Not only does every student have different goals in mind, they all learn differently as well. I do my best to customize my lessons for each student's goals and needs. A typical guitar, bass, ukulele, or piano lesson may involve music-reading, chord studies, technical work, scale practice, theory, and of course learning awesome songs!
I consider myself a healthy balance between professional and light-hearted. As much as I want to make efficient use of the lesson-time, my primary goal is for the student to truly understand and enjoy music.
I have worked hard to be a flexible musician and teacher. I am competent in jazz, rock, classical, contemporary, blues, worship, country, and beyond and will be happy to teach any (or all) of these styles to any student.
*** Studio Equipment ***
-Large live tracking space
- Medium sized dead tracking space
- Pro Tools HD
- External Pres/Compressors/EQ (WARM, Manley, Vintech, etc.)
- DDA mixing console
- Several acoustic/electric/bass guitars (Epiphone, Fender, Taylor, Cort, Ibanez, Gibson, etc.)
- Lanakai Ukulele
- Gibson Mandolin
- Full drum kit
- 4 control/mixing rooms/practice spaces
- Music stands/chairs
- Princeton Reverb, Vox AC15, Marshall, Ampeg amplifiers
- Several keyboards/controllers
- Vintage organs
- Neumann U87, Senheissers, several SM57's, Lautin Audio Oceanus, Oktavas, AKG C414's
My at home studio:
- An 88-key Casio Privia keyboard
- Professional grade recording equipment (003r interface, behringer ada8000 with BLA mod, RNC by FMR, and more)
- High speed Internet access
- A printer
- A library of music resources
- Novation Launchkey MIDI controller
- Rode K2 condensor microphone
- Several Naiant stereo pair microphones
- 2 acoustic guitars (Cort and Zaeger), 2 electric guitars (Epiphone CS Custom, Fender Nashville Tele)
- An electric bass guitar (Epiphone Thunderbird with Bartolini Pickups)
- Lanakai Ukulele
- A Savannah Mandolin
- Double input amplifier (vox AC15C1)
- Music stand
- Recording studio quality monitors (Yamaha HS8s)
- Large pedal board and pedal chain
*** Specialties ***
I specialize in contemporary, rock, blues, and worship guitar, but have extensive experience in classical and jazz guitar as well. I am also an on-staff session guitar player for Drive35 Productions and can help anyone interested in the skills necessary to play for a studio.
For piano, I teach beginner to intermediate level students in a variety of genres. I use piano on a daily basis for composing, arranging, and performing.
For bass, I can also teach a variety of genres. I specialize in blues/rock/contemporary but have experience in classical and jazz bass as well.
For ukulele, I specialize in pop music adaptation and classical.
For mandolin, I teach basic beginner music skills- reading and strumming techniques.
When I am not producing/mixing/arranging/performing on tracks for clients, i am writing original material for the Drive35 catalogue or working with our in-house artists.
I write, arrange, and produce film scores on a contract-basis. Some of my credits include "Searching Serenity" by Rustin Rogers, "Cry Heard Round The World" by Dolphin Blue, and "Harp Man, Hank, And The Spirit Guide" by Dolphin Blue.
I helped launch Living Life Church in October of 2012 and have been leading worship there since. I am responsible for arranging the weekly service, collecting/writing music, scheduling musicians, building a tight community in the worship team, enhancing the worship atmosphere, and leading the weekly service. I also lead worship for several off-Sunday services, meet regularly with my lead pastor, and help with the media and sound work.
I work on temporary contracts as a professional musician. Most recently I played guitar and banjo for Covenant Christian Academy's production of Crazy For You. I have also played bass and mandolin for several shows.
I teach after-school private guitar lessons to children K-12th through the SOTA program.
I played guitar with the North Lake Jazz Ensemble under director Jim Eger
I worked with and learned from acclaimed musician/producer/composer Brad Nyght at his studio in Dallas, TX 1-3 times a week.
I was the worship/music leader and creative director for Brazos Pointe Church for two years. I was responsible for arranging the weekly service, collecting/writing music, scheduling musicians, building a tight community in the worship team, enhancing the worship atmosphere, and leading the weekly service. I also led worship for several off-Sunday services.
NAMM is the not-for-profit association that promotes the pleasures and benefits of making music and strengthens the $17 billion global music products industry. NAMM's activities and programs are designed to promote music making to people of all ages.
· Mandolin · In studio Great first lesson. Glad I finally signed up.
· Songwriting · In studio Jordan is excellent at providing a smooth chord structure and consistent rhythm in an original song. He is a proficient guitarist and delivers an edgy lyric style. He is a versitle adept musician that is also patient and relates well to his students.
· Guitar · In studio Very friendly, very professional and very knowledgeable. Perfect for beginners or experienced musicians and anyone in between!
· Guitar · In home Very patient and communication perfect for her level.
· Mandolin · Online Great intro lesson! Called the day before to make sure everything was all set - prompt call, fun lesson!
· Classical Guitar · Online Jordan, has been giving my 13year old daughter lessons for about 3-4 months. He has been so patient, kind, professional and knowledgeable! We started out in his studio, which is a great place, but it was difficult for me to get there from my location, so he has patiently switched to online. My daughter looks forward to her lesson every week, and we are thankful to have found him!
· Piano · In studio My son enjoys his piano lessons and looks forward to the classes.
· Guitar · In studio Aside from Joran being a very talented musician, he's a really chill instructor who knows how to teach without making the lesson boring. Highly recommend him to anyone looking for music lessons to take.
· Acoustic Guitar · In studio Aside from him being a very talented musician, Jordan's a really chill instructor who knows how to teach without making the lesson seem boring. Highly recommend him to anyone looking for lessons to take.
· Ukulele · In studio My son loved his first lesson! He is practicing on his own! Jordan made it fun, but also provided great instruction.