Jordan Brown

Jordan B.

Austin, TX

About Jordan B.

Background check: Last verified 06/14/2017
Jordan passed a background check on 06/14/2017 that included the following:
  • National Criminal Record Check
  • County/State Criminal Record Check
  • Sex Offender Registry Search
  • SSN Trace & Verification
For more information, please click here.
Jordan teaches: Ages 5 and up
Special needs
Teaching since: 2016
Last sign in: 5 days ago

Overview

! Hi! I'm Jordan :). I'm currently a senior at St. Edwards University that is majoring in International Business. I have always had a passion for learning about other cultures, especially when it comes to Japan. This is why I have spent an embarrassing amount of time learning about both the Japanese language and culture. I am currently in my third semester of official Japanese classes and have been studying Japanese for 3 years. While I am not 100% "fluent" in Japanese yet I do know quite a bit. To contest this I will be offering a drastically lower hourly rate than is normal. I'm okay with doing this because my primary motivation behind being your tutor is not to make money, but rather to further practice my Japanese while getting you started on your journey as well. What i'm essentially offering is what you would learn during your first two semesters in a university level class. As I mentioned before I'm a huge nerd when it comes to Japan so my lessons will also include learning about the culture (which is important to understanding the language). I'm also deeply rooted in the Japanese community here on campus and love to get my students involved with them whenever I get the chance.

I like my lessons to cater to each students individual needs and learning style. For example the way I teach young children versus a college or high school student will differ greatly. I also love learning about each students story and what their motivation is behind learning Japanese. Some people learn because they want to watch anime without subtitles (that's right i'm talking to all you nerds out there) while others are interested in living in Japan or possibly studying abroad. The way my class is taught will depend on my students motivation and interests for learning the language. As I mentioned before I believe learning about Japanese culture is vitally important to properly understanding the language(this is true for any language). With this in mind I love to teach about Japanese culture alongside the language during my lessons. For example, 75% of our time together may be spent learning the language while the remaining 25% will focus on a range of topics from Japanese history to proper etiquette in Japan. I have a very flexible schedule and have no problem driving to meet you as well. Please do not hesitate to contact me with any questions you may have! I look forward to exploring the beautiful world of Japan with you in the future! :)

0 Reviews on Jordan B.

Write a Review
Jordan Brown
Jordan B.

Previously Viewed