Hi, there! My name is Joni and I can't wait to meet you! Over the years, I started sewing professionally for professional Singers and Dancers.
I started a online store jonifashionboutique.wixsite.com.
In addition to sewing, I help people start there own fashion line. I also am a makeup artist.
I've been teaching private lessons since 1990 and have loved helping my students understand the basics of sewing, explore their inner designer and overall become more confident with sewing. I went to Cosmetology School in Columbus, Ohio. Also went to OSU and earned a degree in Fashion Design. I'm a nurturing and fun person and my teaching style is student centered, facilitated to meet the level of the student, and student learning paced. I look forward to helping you reach your goals!
Design Haute Couture for Women and Men
• Audit fit specifications on both live models and mannequins using appropriate samples of assigned products.
• Make appropriate recommendations in collaboration with peer teams on matters pertaining to specs, pattern, construction methods and techniques to improve fit, balance, and overall quality of the garment.
• Execute tech packs from concept to PP/TOP of assigned and additional product classifications as directed. Track and bring resolution to all garment tests.
• Partner with Technical Design Team, Merchants and Designers to establish the direction of the fit and garment details.
• Communicate with vendors regarding fit, specs, grading issues and construction; maintain accurate records of reports and vendor communications.
• Organize and prioritize daily workload of assigned product lines to meet all deadlines.
• Support Senior Technical Designer and Technical Designer in measuring and prepping for fit.
ASG is a membership organization that welcomes sewing enthusiasts of all skill levels and from many different walks of life. Chapters are located in cities all across the country and members meet monthly to learn new sewing skills, network with others who share an interest in sewing and participate in community service sewing projects. Membership in the Guild gives you an opportunity to experience your love of any type of home sewing with others who share your interest.
· Fashion Design · In studio Joni is the Director of our Sewing Camp Program at our Church. Sewing Camp Program has been active for six years now. We have seen the program each month. The girls love the class and we see a positive behavior in the students.
· Sewing · In studio Joni is the BEST teacher EVER! Everyone knows the old saying "practice makes perfect", but with Join it's "perfect practice makes perfect". She will instruct you in the proper techniques from the beginning so you don't develop bad habits. If your just a beginner, or looking for more intermediate lesson you couldn't be better off. I very strongly recommend trying her out.
Don't be shy with questions either! she'll take the time to show you. Happy sewing!
· Sewing · In studio Fantastic teacher, I highly recommend! She was really helpful, and I learned way faster than I expected to!
· Sewing · In studio I have tried the online classes, they are difficult to get that hand on instruction.
So I decided to take a class with a instruction that did not teach online. I was so glad that I did. This instructor has surpassed all of my expectations. She should be teaching class at a College because she is incredibly knowledgeable, skilled, patient and thorough. She is also responsible and clearly very passionate. She is interesting and after having sessions with Joni, she has definitely sparked my interest in continuing and improving. It was a pleasure meeting her.
· Sewing · In studio This was a great lesson!!! Joni is a totally awesome person. I'm enjoying every minute!!!
· Sewing · In studio Taking lessons with Joni has been a real pleasure! She is always willing to go the extra mile and help me during my lessons! She is very knowledgeable, she has a real passion for the work she does! Her lessons are so much fun and I'm learning really fast!!!
· Sewing · In studio Joni is a good teacher and makes the lessons fun. I have taken several classes with her. They just get better and better!!
· Sewing · In studio This was first sewing lesson and I enjoyed working with Joni she is very patient
· Sewing · In studio She was friendly, professional, punctual, and has tons of experience and reference! She teaches clearly and makes it a fun experience. Take lessons with Joni and you will be happy you did!
· Sewing · In studio Great class! Friendly, professional, funny, and informative.