- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
Ready to try something new or build on my our skills? My lessons are fun, engaging and productive! We will work on:
*breathing for singers
*jaw, neck, shoulder and/or tongue tension
*musicality...and so much more!
As a graduate of the Juilliard School and having performed worldwide, I want to share how fun, healthy and effective sing is possible with consistence and informed work! No matter your goals, lets build on the skills you already poses and confidence in your own abilities. Let's sing!
The key to great singing is enthusiasm, focus and some hard work. I have worked with students of all ages and my goal is to get you singing the right way and take you from shower diva to confident performer.
A LITTLE ABOUT ME:
As a professional singer and graduate of The Juilliard School and working Opera singer, I have had the great fortune of training and performing with some of the best in the business.
With performances at Carnegie Hall and with major orchestras such as the Toronto, Vancouver and Seattle Symphonies and around the world, I feel this gives me a unique perspective on the challenges and successes that are possible with a fun, yet focused and healthy technique based approach. Whether a beginners, intermediate or advanced singers looking to hone your skills in musical theatre classical, jazz and even pop voice.
My goal is a well rounded, relaxed yet supported vocal tone with a focus on breath, and feeling rather than by ear. This ensures that no matter what the repertoire, the situation, or the acoustics of the room, you are always focused on healthy, articulate and projected singing.
Executive producer bringing together a team of 150 creative professionals (stars of stage and screen) to record and film the classic Beatles song 'With A Little Help From My Friends' to Save the NEA. Recorded at Avatar Studios, NYC.
Lead classical crossover performer and headliner for 'Encore' production throughout Australia, New Zealand, Fiji and Vanuata.
Principle baritone in a program of Rodgers and Hammerstein with Broadway stars Ashley Brown and Aaron Lazar and conducto Steven Reineke
In a program of Lerner and Loewe with conductor Steven Reineke.
Conductor: Steven Reineke
Blizzard Voice by Paul Moravec (NY Premiere)
Conductor: Steve Reineke, co-stars Aaron Lazar and Ashley Brown
Canada Day Celebrations (Ottawa)
Conductor: Pinchas Zukerman
Actors' Equity Association, founded in 1913, is the labor union that represents more than 49,000 Actors and Stage Managers in the United States. Equity seeks to advance, promote and foster the art of live theatre as an essential component of our society.
· Video Production · Jonathan is friendly, enthusiastic, organized, and a real go-getter. He's a great artist and communicator, and he's cognizant of collaborative needs. I absolutely love working with him. Highly recommend!!
· Opera Voice · In home Jonathan and I have been colleagues for 6 years now. I routinely go to him for vocal check-ups and when I have challenges with technical issues. He is always able to help me understand things on a simple level. I sometimes get overwhelmed with the complexity of the human voice and have trouble putting into practice techniques I learn in voice lessons. With Jonathan, I have found that the approach is very friendly and non-judgmental. I am not afraid to make an ugly sound, which can be the first step to unleashing your voice. I highly recommend Jonathan for any voice level.
· Singing · In studio Today we had our first lesson and I am really happy so far..Jonathan seems a really smart teacher who can capture really fast the needs of the student and can guide you with confidence. He is very supportive, patient...and...oh my God, his voice is amazing Looking forward to our following lessons!
· Singing · In studio Today we had our first lesson and I am really happy so far..Jonathan seems a really smart teacher who can capture really fast the needs of the student and can guide you with confidence. He is very supportive, patient...and...oh my God, his voice is amazing. Looking forward to our following lessons!
· Broadway Singing · In home I found Jonathan to be great! I felt very comfortable with him, very confident regarding him; it was just an overall great lesson and I am eagerly awaiting my next lesson. I am looking forward to with Jonathan in the future; for anyone wondering about his teaching, he was great!
· Singing · In studio Always a pleasure
· Classical Voice · In studio Jonathan is a great teacher! His method focuses a lot on body awareness--from the core torso muscles used for breath support, all the way to the muscles in the face where resonance occurs.
Jonathan is very intuitive about my individual needs, helping me find my voice through specific corrections, rather than just providing general instruction. He is also a warm and welcoming host and quick to offer a cup of hot tea!
Highly recommend, especially for students looking for greater body awareness while singing and hoping to get more out of their breath support.
· Jazz Voice · In home Jonathan is not only a great teacher, but a motivator, a coach and a facilitator. I publish my own 8 track album with his guidance and drive and couldn't have done it without him...go ahead.....try him!