- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
Jon N. was born and raised in Mexico City and is proudly an American citizen. He has been performing since the age of three, on several instruments, studying music since fourteen, and still takes lessons to this day. What's not to love?
He is proud to teach at all levels, including many professional musicians with master’s degrees, adult beginners, and of course, kids of all ages between 8 and 75.
They are encouraged to select the music they want to learn, so we have worked on classical music and original compositions, which I also coach, jazz, blues, pop, rock, the Great American Songbook, reggae, seven different kinds of Jewish music, and other ethnic music from all over the globe.
Frequently the younger students will request a tune I've never heard, but I magically transform the MP3 into a handwritten score at the student's level. Example, one of my adult beginners wanted to play the big symphonic poem Scheherazade, and I wrote out the main tunes for easy piano.
I have played for the President of The United States of America, for the President of Mexico, for the heir to Lou Malnati's Pizza (for which I had to learn Greek music since he married a lovely Greek girl) and for many thousands of other unfamous yet happy people like you and me.
Up to eleven different subject in music alone at one college.
· Flute · In home He has a very friendly and was willing to answer all of my questions. He worked at my own pace and helped me to move quickly in learning.
· Clarinet · In studio Jon is outstanding. His knowledge is second to none and he has a wonderful way of teaching and motivating me.
· Classical Piano · In studio Jon is an excellent teacher. I am at an intermediate level and am eager to improve my skills through harder pieces. Jon makes piano playing fun, while at the same time being serious about my success. It is easy to be relaxed during the lessons, he is non-judgmental and encouraging. I highly recommend Jon!
· Piano · In home I have had 4 piano lessons with Jon so far and he has been great. I just signed up to continue with him and I really look forward to my weekly lesson with him.
He's always very positive and encourages me to be positive too. He's also very responsive to my needs, helping me to concentrate and giving me beautiful music that I really enjoy and can work with.
I heartily recommend Jon. He's a very capable teacher, and a kind, considerate person.
· Piano · In studio I would just like to present the rest of the music world to Mr. John Novi. This gentleman has been nothing but stellar in his methods of teaching me how to be a better piano player and composer. I have never felt more confident in myself than after the first lesson I had from him. I advise anyone and everyone who has any second thoughts about him to throw them out the window and dive head first in lessons with him. You will never be in more qualified hands than his.
· Piano · In studio I’ve only recently begun taking piano lessons, but I can already tell that Jon Novi is the kind of teacher who sees limitless potential in his students. His enthusiasm buoys me even when I think I’ve messed up a song, and encourages me to try again.
Also his piano skills are on point, and he does a good job of explaining how to read a score and the mechanics of playing the piano.
Beyond piano know-how, though, I would argue that it is Jon Novi’s zest for teaching that makes me glad I’m taking lessons with him. You won’t regret it.