- Levels Taught:
- Beginner, Intermediate
- Teaches students:
- Ages 6+ and special needs
- Teaching since:
- August 2008
I just moved from San Jose to Arroyo Grande and am so excited to be back in the Central Coast!
I currently teach high school Spanish at the Central Coast New Tech High School in Nipomo and love it there!
I have a passion for teaching and love to teach my true love: music and piano!
I also tutor in Spanish language as well as English language.
I am happy to teach in your home or apartment; however you need to have the following materials:
1) Piano that is relatively kept up and tuned regularly
*** Specialties ***
Suzuki Piano Method
Classical piano background
Rock cover music
Solo piano, new age style music composition
I am a dedicated and passionately Spanish teacher who loves working with all ages to learn Spanish and about the countless cultures who speak the language. I have taught for over a decade and have many references of you are interested. Finally, I have lived and traveled to 9 Spanish speaking countries and bring a wide variety of language and cultural perspectives to
• Developed and maintained relationships with five key education and community organizations to collaboratively align our student-level and school impact
• Organized and led seven dynamic site visits with potential philanthropic supporters that resulted in multiple financial and other resource gifts to City Year
• Collaborated with school principal and Instructional Leadership Team to lead Learning Committees
• Led and supported six program managers to strengthen school partnerships at all schools, resulting in overwhelmingly-positive service partner survey results
• Supervised a team of fourteen corps members to set goals, implement in-school tutoring, mentoring, school culture initiatives, and an academic after school program at an under-resourced middle school in East San Jose
• Facilitated the collaborative development of a mandated 6th grade extended learning time program that focused on 21st century skill development and academic rigor, resulting in a doubling of the number of students attending the program (75 to 150 students)
• Coached corps members to execute high impact literacy and math interventions, resulting in over 65% of City Year students meeting or exceeding literacy and math goals
• Analyzed student data and trends to create intervention lists and leveraged corps member strengths and identified opportunities for improvement
• Developed and implemented rigorous curriculum that connected Spanish language with Hispanic culture
• Strategically integrated project-based learning and technology into the classroom to promote cross-cultural competency and a safe, positive, rigorous, and dynamic classroom
• Organized and led a 10-day study abroad for 17 students to Costa Rica
Founded in 1863, the California Teachers Association has become one of the strongest advocates for educators in the country. CTA includes teachers, counselors, school librarians, social workers, psychologists, and nurses. These educators in the K-12 school system are joined by community college faculty, California State University faculty, and education support professionals to make CTA the most inclusive and most powerful voice of educators in the state.+ Read More
Incredibly astoundingly wonderful. Fourth lesson and he is playing songs. Jon has a wonderful calm easy way of teaching. He makes is fun and engages my son. At first Marshall was not into being "taught" now he is practicing everyday and looks forward to each Saturday.+ Read More