- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
I love teaching jazz, blues and improvisation. A certified guitar nerd since 12 years old. I have played in every kind of band from punk to classical, metal to country. My favorite music is classic jazz. Taught complete beginners to advanced college students, ages 4 to 73. Privately and University. I hold a Bachelor Music UMASS, Amherst and Master Music from San Diego State University. I have studied privately with Yusef Lateef.
I have a very essentialist philosophy. I believe in learning what you can use immediately.
Many students are professional musicians. Many students successfully auditioned for jazz bands in high school and college.
I am a studio musician and record guitar in all styles a few times a month for national commercials.
I am a gigging professional and am focused on teaching what works on the gig.
I love music, I love improvisation and I love jazz. I am excited to share the foundation and tricks and tips I've acquired over the past 30 odd years.
I do session work for a commercial studio. Many clients are national, including Subaru, Disney, Chipotle and Marie Calendar's.
I have played professionally for 30+ years.
I have worked in every kind of band, from punk to country, classical to jazz.
· Guitar · In home I've been taking lessons with Jon for over a decade. He's been a great flexible teacher, who's taught me a lot over the few years, and is always a highlight of my week.
I cannot recommend him enough.
· Guitar · In studio Jon is an amazing guitarist with a plethora of knowledge in many different styles and techniques. He easily adapted his teaching method to match my personal style of learning making for extremely productive lessons.
· Guitar · In home Jon is the best! He is patient and knows his stuff. He delivers concept in a digestible, humorous, and thoughtful way. Jon also knows a ton of music, but if you toss him a song doesn't know, he can figure it out in minutes by ear. Amazing!