*** Studio Equipment ***
music room seating for parents
*** Travel Equipment ***
I would provide copies of some pages from the book. Just a need a guitar and quiet place to study. Also, parents should be present if the student is a minor.
*** Specialties ***
folk acoustic, electric blues,
I grew up in the South Bronx during the 70s and 80s. I understand the importance of community and how a neighborhood can be destroyed if the people do not get involved and work together for real solutions. Music and films were my salvation. I began to write songs and play guitar at the age of ten, and 15 years ago I started a band to raise the awareness level of teens and adults regarding the world around them. The band is called Glass of Know. The group had songs playing on rotation on upstate NY radio.
Although music was my first love I always had a fascination with film. I began study with the successful theater and film coach Ruth Kulerman four years ago. After many lessons and plenty of encouragement from Ruth I decided to start testing the waters. Early in 2007 I went out and started auditioning. The response was overwhelming and I landed 17 roles in 5 months. Not a bad problem to have your first time out of the gate. It wasn't prime time or the big screen, but it gave me enough confidence to continue to work hard and more importantly, I knew I had something special to offer.
I've had films in the Asian American Film Festival, New Film Maker Festival, and 2 years ago the film En Route won first place at the Milford Connecticut Film Festival, in which I was the lead. I was nominated for best actor at the Columbia film festival for the short Good Bye. In 2011 I was the lead in the film Down & Across which went to the Cannes film festival. I'm currently working on a TV pilot with the same team. The Coffee List, was my first attempt at writer, director and actor. The film has been screened at International Manhattan Film Festival, The Katra Film Series and we came in 3rd place for the HollyShorts Challenge on Indi website.
I've had films at Cannes, IFFM, Katra, HollyShorts, NOVA FilmHouse
I'm the CEO of my production company and I produce cool things.
I played guitar for the successful local rock band called Glass of Know.
The American Society of Composers, Authors and Publishers (ASCAP) is a membership association of more than 480,000 US composers, songwriters, lyricists and music publishers. The ASCAP is committed to nurturing music makers throughout their careers.
· Guitar · In home Helpful, makes you comfortable and quickly learn things.
· Acoustic Guitar · In studio I enjoy lessons with John he's great at helping you to establish good habits early & really helps to encourage you through challenging issues . I always leave learning more than I expected.
· Film Acting · First time I met John was on a film shoot. We had a good time, he was professional and had good chemistry. I like John for his positive energy, work ethic and character.
· Guitar · In studio Awesome :)
· Acting · Online Informative, entertaining, and relatable.
· Acting · In home Worked with John on an IndiStar promo and it was one of the most fun jobs I ever had. He reminds me of the old school performers that had multiple talents.
Very Chaplin and Keatonesque. You gotta meet him!
· Acoustic Guitar · In studio I really enjoyed my first lesson with John. He is laird back and very helpful in pointing things out things that make it easier for you especially when it's your first time. I will remember & appreciate the simple yet valuable information he gave me which motivates me alot & makes me look forward to learning more instead of dreading the beginning grunt work. A+!!
· Acoustic Guitar · In studio John is great. He really listens to you... What you want to accomplish, what troubles you are having and then helps you with those things. Many instructors in the past have just taught what they wanted to teach and were not very flexible. John's presence is super relaxing yet challenging, putting you at ease, and in the best possible place to learn.
· Acoustic Guitar · In studio John is a great teacher and always very focused and dedicated to all of his students. I would recommend him to anyone looking to learn from an experienced, knowledgeable teacher that also knows how to make learning an instrument fun.
· Film Acting · Online John Henry Soto is a very inspirational artist! His abilities in many fields of The Arts is amazing. He is professional in every area he works in. John is funny, knowledgeable and very willing to do whatever it takes to help creative people to succeed while also being very easy to work with. Highly recommended.