- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
I have been a piano teacher and vocal coach since 1985.
I have a Doctorate in Collaborative Arts from the University of Southern California (1992)
I teach Collaborative Arts at the University of California Santa Barbara (since 2005)
I have been on the musical staffs of Opera Santa Barbara, Utah Festival Opera, Sarasota Opera, Los Angeles Opera, Fresno Opera, Opera Academy of California and Opera NEO as a pianist, coach and chorus master.
MTAC aspires to be the recognized leader in (1) Student Programs, which make a positive impact in the quality of music education and in the lives of music students; (2) Member Programs, which inspire quality teaching, the pursuit of ongoing teacher education and member involvement with community outreach; (3) a thriving Foundation, which funds Student Programs and member needs through its investments, donations, and grants.
The American Federation of Teachers is a union of professionals that champions fairness; democracy; economic opportunity; and high-quality public education, healthcare and public services for our students, their families and our communities. We are committed to advancing these principles through community engagement, organizing, collective bargaining and political activism, and especially through the work our members do.
· Vocal Training · In studio John is really great. He takes the time to understand what your goals are and teaches according to your needs. He is patient and provides constructive comments.
· Piano · In studio It's hard to say enough about how happy we are to have found John. My 2 boys love taking lessons with him, but yet still he challenges them and holds them to a high standard. John is a talented and knowledgeable pianist, and a very friendly and approachable person. A top notch instructor.