- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
Meet Musician John A:
• Over 40 years of experience as a professional musician
(Scroll to bottom to see video samples of John A)
• Performed and held jam sessions with many groups and artists. Most
notably Steve Augeri(Journey), Frank Infante(Blondie guitarist
and founding member), and the Brooklyn Tabernacle Choir
Studied with guitar greats Carl Barry and Billy Newman
• Now accepting beginner to intermediate level students.
• Rock, Pop, Blues, Jazz, Gospel/Christian, Fingerstyle, R+B, and more!
• Acoustic and Electric Guitar
• Learn chords, lead guitar solos, read music, play your favorite songs and more!
*** Lesson Details ***
My personality and teaching style is friendly and laid back. I am very patient and encouraging towards my students. After all, learning to play guitar should be fun, right?? I have enough knowledge and experience to turn you into a pro level guitarist! But even if your goal is just to learn your favorite songs, play in a band just for fun, or maybe to play guitar on the worship team at church, I can help you do that!! Have you been playing for a while, but are in a major rut, and you want to take your guitar playing to the next level?, I am here to help! I use a combination of method books and lessons especially made for YOU AND YOUR NEEDS!, Stop saying "I wish I could play guitar"and let me help you turn your dreams into reality!!
"You can do it!!!
*** Travel Equipment ***
I bring my guitar, music stand, and a small amp( if student doesn't have one) The student must have their own guitar, and is responsible for purchasing any books or study aids used during the lessons.
*** Specialties ***
Rock, Blues, Jazz, Pop, Classical/Fingerstyle,Gospel/Contemporary Christian, R+B Ethnic music, and more.
· Guitar · In home He's a really great guy. Really liked his lessons, he's great at the guitar, and really smart about helping you to understand the fundamentals and really build a solid base upon which to grow as a guitar player. Unfortunately, I had to move away from Staten Island to Brooklyn, so I had to discontinue lessons, otherwise I definitely would have continued with him.
· · Best guitar teacher out there, Period! John A literally transformed my guitar playing, John does not give, generic, one size fits all lessons. John prepares custom made lessons for all his students, and Always goes the e,straight mile for me. I have have had many teachers, Jphn is by far the best, and truly cares a bout his students. Thanks John A !
· Guitar · In home John is very professional. He's got my 8 year old beginner loving the guitar. He is thoughtful and is looking forward to teaching my son ever time he arrives. Great job John thx
· Guitar · In home Lesson was great. John is very patient and pleasant to be around and to follow his instructions is simple and informative. He is Very good at his craft, the most important thing about teaching is having the patience to teach anyone at any age at any level. That alone is a gift.
· Guitar · In home As a keyboard player who has played with John the last 20 years or so, I can honestly tell you John is an extremely talented guitarist. He can play any style of music and is very versatile and creative. He is a master of his instrument.
I’ve known John personally and professionally for 20 years. John is a real nice guy and would make a great teacher. If you looking for a guitar lessons, look no further than John. You won’t be disappointed.
· · You won't find a more versatile or proficient guitarist then Johnny A... he can go from grimy dirty Zep type of licks to the mean and crisp GNR "Slash" types of riff... though I didn't work with him in a student/ capacity- I as well as many of the team we were working with were amazing by his discipline and ability to reproduce his performances... He would make a great teacher for any level player...and could even teach you old dogs a few new tricks to...
· Guitar · In studio I have known John Angiletta since high school during which time he showed me what a gifted person in music can do with a guitar. He taught me Stairway to Heaven back then and I have never forgot it. His precision and creativity in playing the guitar has never ceased to amaze me especially recently with his you tube performances of various guitar leads, etc. such as Carry On My Wayward Son.
· Guitar · In studio John A. was my first guitar teacher many years ago. I took lessons with him for a few months after having played on my own for a little over a year. Although I was driven to play well, his lessons were crucial in my development as a young guitarist. It was exactly what I needed at that age. He was very encouraging and his confidence in me was important for me going forward. Now after almost 30 years of playing, I myself am a guitar instructor, composer and recording artist. What so impressive about John is his versatility. Not many teachers can be both proficient on both electric and classical guitar. If you are looking for a very well informed, passionate, patient and thoughtful instructor and fantastic player, then John is the guitar teacher for you.
· Guitar · In home Felt very confident with John, his expertise and patience is amazing
· Guitar · In home What a great first experience, felt comfortable from beginning to end. He's very patient and knows what he's doing