- Teaches students:
- Ages 5 to 75
- Teaching since:
Music, and piano playing, has been a lifelong passion for me. I've been playing piano since I was 5 years old, and I've been teaching piano for over a decade, in 3 different countries to children and adults of all ages and abilities. I have taught privately, at music schools and at prestigious conservatories, including Juilliard.
I hold a Bachelor's degree in Piano from Canada, a Master's Degree from the Guildhall School in London, UK, and a Doctoral Degree from the Juilliard School. I currently teach university students at SUNY Binghamton in upstate NY.
Since I am classically trained, classical music is my specialty, but I can teach jazz and contemporary repertoire as well. You will be hard pressed to find a more experienced and highly-trained pianist!
Music and learning music should be an enjoyable and rewarding experience, and it's my mission to make sure this happens in my studio. I want to pass on the joy music has given me!
I am able to teach in my own studio, or travel to your home provided it is reasonable distance. Looking forward to hearing from you!
- Hired as tenure-track faculty in the music department to create a Masters' level program for Graduate Collaborative Pianists
- Give individual lessons to undergraduate solo pianists as well as masters level collaborative pianists
- Hold studio classes, give group class on vocal repertoire and coach chamber music
- Recent student graduate has gone on to Masters studies at Peabody Conservatory in Baltimore
• Independently taught 2 classes on keyboard skills for piano majors
• Instructor for Piano Minor classes – responsible for planning, teaching and assessing non-piano majors according to a set syllabus, in a course required for graduation
• Experience in teaching classes of up to 8 people, with a full studio of 30 students
• Taught applied lessons and theory to both children and adult students
• Collaborated with other faculty members to organize performances
• Prepared students for successful examinations