- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
As a teacher in the community, I'm pleased to bring my training and expertise to tutoring. It is a thrill to work one-on-one with individuals or small groups who need a little support to reach their educational goals. I am an elementary school teacher, but can help in various subjects for middle school and adult learners. I have my M.Ed in Special Education with an endorsement in ESOL education. My Certifications include elementary (all the content areas), Special education p-12th grades, Reading endorsement K-5 and ESOL education p-12th grades.
My experience includes working as a second grade teacher at a bilingual language school, working with at-risk students in my local school district, helping them with math concepts, in addition to teaching kindergarten and K-3 in science and math. In my practice, I am able to help my students with instruction using real-life practical examples and simulations. I create multiple paths so that students of different abilities, interest, or learning needs can experience equally appropriate ways to absorb, use, develop and present, concepts as a part of the daily learning process. I allow students to take greater responsibility and ownership for their learning.
I have an office located in downtown Woodstock. There I work with a team in order to develop an individualized learning plan with assessments and progress monitoring along the way. We are an experienced, professional, and highly qualified instructors, who assists students, home schooled students, homework help, review of classroom material, test and exam preparation for the class study and organization skills, as well as Spanish language learning. Please contact me for more details about tutoring and teaching. Myself and my team look forward to working with YOU!
The National Education Association (NEA), the nation&#039;s largest professional employee organization, is committed to advancing the cause of public education. NEA&#039;s 3 million members work at every level of education&mdash;from pre-school to university graduate programs. NEA has affiliate organizations in every state and in more than 14,000 communities across the United States.
Since 1956, IRA has been a nonprofit, global network of individuals and institutions committed to worldwide literacy. More than 56,000 members strong, the Association supports literacy professionals through a wide range of resources, advocacy efforts, volunteerism, and professional development activities.
· Elementary Math · In studio Jocelyn has been everything we have hoped for in an instructor. She has tutored two of children. She is patient, kind, knowledgeable, and experienced. We love that she takes the time to tell us what she is doing and going to do in regards to our children's lessons. We have seen great improvement and will continue to use her as long as possible! Thank you for your hard work.
· Phonics · In studio We were tutoring with Jocelyn and will continue to use her as long as she is available. Our family has used her services now for the past three years and each year she continues to grow in her knowledge. She has helped our special needs student tremendously. Our son needs the extra one one one attention due to having dyslexia and a processing disorder. Each of her sessions are tailored to him personally. She takes the time after the sessions to tell us the methods she is using, why they are helpful, and what she will do next time. In addition, Jocelyn is supportive, punctual, and flexible (in reason). We will continue to work with her as long as possible! Thank you for all of your hard work.