- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
We are what we know. Growing up, my mother was an English and grammar teacher. I'd sit with her at the kitchen table while she graded - her red pen a trusty sword shining in the midst of a stack of papers a mile high. She taught me her tricks and tips, her shortcuts and symbols, and as writing became a great passion of mine, I began to realize that tutoring was too.
Throughout high school and during my years as a communication major at Villanova University, I was always that girl with three of my friends' papers wedged into my purse. I was the one in the coffee shop scanning everything from Georgetown essays to Wilde vs. Whitman comparisons to thesis statements on speech pathology.
I am a published author, the winner of the National American Voices award at Carnegie Hall for my play "Lumos," and a judge of the National Scholastic Writing Awards.
I love assisting in creating that final product - the freshly printed, mistake-free masterpiece that is black words on a white page. After nearly five years of tutoring writers and editing papers, I decided it was time to go viral and edit for the masses.
The minute Peter Parker donned his red spandex, he became Spiderman. I may not have "spidey senses" or even spandex, but I do have a red pen. And as Red Pen Wench, I will fight off every grammar mistake, battle every boring word choice and conquer the evil that is anything less than a professional piece of prose.
Editing and building cover letters and resumes for clients.
Whether it's a college essay, a looming research paper, website copy, a professional document or simply any piece of prose, I offer both online and face-to-face editing services that will enhance your writing with structure, professionalism and creative flair.
Level is an organization at Villanova University for which I spent a year volunteering as a tutor. I worked with college students with disabilities, namely cerebral palsy, and assisted them with typing essays, Spanish homework, managing/sending e-mails, etc. It was one of the most rewarding experiences of my life because not only did I see disabled students from a brand new perspective, but I was gifted with life-long friends in the process.
· Essay Writing · Online My writing has vastly improved after only a few sessions working with Jillian. Her ability to come up with extremely purposeful exercises coupled with her consistently useful feedback leaves no doubt in my mind that she’s the best tutor/editor you’ll find. She never misses a beat when revising a paper and is great at explaining areas for improvement. I haven’t met anyone with a greater command over a pen and a paper. She’s also easy to work with and no time is wasted during our sessions. As a freshman in high-school, improving my writing is a bigger priority than ever before. As long as I’m working with Jillian, I’m confident that my writing abilities will continue to steadily improve.
· Writing · Online I LOVE the Wench:) Jillian is so, so helpful every time I'm writing a paper or professional letter or resume. She is fast and efficient and flexible. She doubles as tutor and editor and switches between the two based on my specific needs. I highly recommend her.
· Creative Writing · Online Jillian personalizes every session based on my needs and creates assignments specifically meant to enhance my voice as writer, my creativity and my sentence structure. I've learned so much in such a short time! The convenience of tutoring online is also a plus.
· Essay Writing · Online The only thing worse than the college application process is the transfer application process. Red Pen Wench not only edited my essays to help me present myself in the most polished and grammatically correct way, she guided me through the entire admissions process. She was there to listen to any concern or doubt I experienced and helped me nail down exactly what it was about myself that made me an asset to one of the world's top universities. Without Red Pen Wench, I would've submitted very average admissions essays. I don't even know if I would've submitted a transfer application to my dream school if it wasn't for her tireless support and guidance. As an admitted transfer student to Georgetown University's McDonough School of Business, I know wholeheartedly that my letter of acceptance came as a direct result of Jillian Kinsey's unparalleled editing and coaching genius.
· Writing · Online I went to Jillian when I needed help applying for Colleges. English was always my weakest subject, and I was incredibly anxious to begin writing my submission essays. A friend of mine had been bragging about a tutor he used, and told me that she was also an editor. As soon as I contacted Jillian, I knew I would like working with her. She is committed, efficient and incredibly smart. With Skype sessions and a few in person meetings, Jillian not only helped me get through my essays, but she has improved my all around English Proficiency. Jillian offers a personalised and professional service, and is profoundly knowledgable about English and Literature.
To this day, I return to Red Pen Wench whenever I need help or advice on any of my work, and I continue to recommend her to my friends and family. I couldn't speak higher of her.
· AP English Literature · Online I worked with Jill when preparing for my AP Literature exam and then also later on when I needed help with a research paper in college. She is patient and witty and knows exactly how to take an average writer and make him or her into a great one. I would highly recommend her writing services to anyone.
· Creative Writing · In studio Excellent teacher and I love that she pays attention to detail which is so essential in writing! Scheduling is very convenient with her because you can Skype and meet in person if you like the tangible.haha Anyway I would highly recommend her to anyone looking to improve their writing! Thanks Jill for being AMAZING!
· Writing · Online *I have been working with Red Pen Wench for my college essays, AP test preps, speeches and debates, and general writing skills. So, ask me if you have any questions!
Before I met Red Pen Wench, writing was never pleasant to me. However, after I met her, I found myself enjoying writing and receiving straight A's on my papers. As a national scholastic writing judge, she critiques my essays from the eyes of a grader (and it never fails). Sometimes, she catches a minor mistake in my writing even my English teachers miss. While preparing my essays for my AP exam, she taught me not only to write an excellent essay in a limited time, but also to get through the stressful time of my life. She truly made the process enjoyable.
In addition, I got help from different agencies for my college app before I met Jill and I wasn't satisfied with the services they provided. That's why I reached out RPW in the second semester of my senior year. First, unlike other agencies, she wanted to know more about me (e.g. what I like to do, what I want to do in the future, how all of hardships affected my life). She thinks everything is a part of college application; indeed, she taught me that "College app is a great opportunity to grow as an overall person". Surprisingly, I enjoy writing my college essays now.
Upon her coaching on countless essays, she advised me to have a positive attitude when I personally had a difficult time.
It is always my pleasure to work with her and I really appreciate her help.