- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
Jill has an enormous love for the violin and music that is uncontainable; and she loves sharing that with her students. Jill received her teacher training in the Sassmannshaus Tradition; however, her teaching encompasses various methods and materials. She understands that each student learns differently and adjusts her teaching style to maximize the learning experience for the student.
Jill loves teaching both children and adults. She says, “One of my favorite things about teaching violin is seeing how excited my students get when they are able to play something they once thought was impossible.” Tina, one of Jill’s students, said, “I have so much fun in my lessons with Jill. She is such a patient and encouraging teacher.”
Jill loves to listen to and play various genres of music including classical, fiddle, rock, and country. She has played in orchestras, for private events, and in a contemporary band environment.
· Violin · In studio My son is learning Violin with Jill for almost a year. He went from level zero to playing Allegro in a school concert in about 3 months. Jill's teaching techniques, patients and encouragement helped him progress tremendously. She identifies their areas of improvement and makes the kid recognize their mistake in a very pleasant way. It is very hard for me to get my son acknowledge his mistakes. Acknowledging a mistake is half the learning. She has great teaching techniques. My son really enjoy learning from her.
· Violin · In studio I've known Jill for many years. It's been fun seeing her master the violin and then become a teacher. She is a passionate musician! I had the privilege of being her violin student for about 1.5 years. I enjoyed learning to play the violin under her capable and patient teaching, and I also became a better clarinet teacher in the process as I utilized her teaching techniques with my own students.
· Violin · In studio Jill is a very good violin teacher. My 5 year old daughter started with her when she was 4 and half years old.
She was very patient with my girl and now my girl loves violin and did a recital after just six months.
Jill also teaches music notes to her and now my girl knows it well enough to read the notes and play on violin.
· Violin · In studio My daughter started lessons with Jill this year and she is excited to come to her weekly lessons. Jill is a fun and dedicated teacher, a professional violinist who inspires my daughter to do her best. She is creative and encouraging when my daughter is learning a new skill and her focus on technique and dynamics has greatly improved my daughters playing. Jill helped my daughter in her auditions working hard on scales and positions and my daughter is now part of the Intermediate Strings of the Civic Youth Orchestra which not only made our daughter proud of her accomplishments but also boost her confidence in her ability to play. Her face lights up with pride when she holds her bow and plays beautiful music. It is amazing to see how much she has progressed since we started lessons and I couldn't be happier as a parent.
· Violin · 'I have known Jill Griffin for 4 years. She studied with me privately for a couple of those years. Jill is a dedicated musician/violinist who is passionate about making music and teaching violin.