- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
Thanks for checking out my online teaching profile, feel free to send me a message if you have any questions!
Jessica S. currently resides in New York City. As a freelance horn player, Jessica performs frequently with The Chelsea Symphony, Astoria Music Society, and Hollywood Concert Orchestra. She is a teaching artist with the Corona Youth Music Project, holds a private studio in Sunnyside, and teaches with Sage Music in Long Island City and Greenpoint.
Jessica previously studied with Michelle Baker, John David Smith, Julie Landsman, Eli Epstein, Jennifer Montone and Javier Gandara. She is an alumni of both Music Academy of the West and the Aspen Music Festival and School. In 2013 she moved to Sarajevo, Bosnia-Herzegovina and joined the Sarajevo Philharmonic Orchestra for one season. In addition to her work as an orchestral musician, Jessica is also an experienced soloist and chamber musician.
Leads Musical Beginnings for children ages 3-5
Manages a private studio for brass students
Teaches a variety of private lessons, studio classes and sectionals for the brass students.
Assists with Wind Ensemble rehearsals and performances.
The Chelsea Symphony
Garden State Philharmonic
The Metro Chamber Orchestra
Astoria Symphony Orchestra
Brooklyn Symphony Orchestra
The Charles Mingus Orchestra
Litha Chamber Orchestra
North Shore Music Festival
String Orchestra of Brooklyn
Scranton Brass Orchestra
Gateway Classical Music Society
Gave a masterclass during the Scranton Brass Seminar (2013 & 2015)
As part of a cultural exchange initiative through the Bosnian-Herzegovinian American Academy of Arts and Sciences, I played second horn with the Sarajevo Philharmonic Orchestra. My experience here gave me a new appreciation for life, and it is a year I will never forget.
Distance Learning Lessons (via Skype)
Camp MSM: taught private lessons and performed side by side with students
MSM Sunday: French horn lessons culminating in an annual recital
Outreach Department: taught weekly recorder class in a local public school
The MTNA was founded in 1876 with the goal of advancing the value of music study and music-making to society while supporting the careers and professionalism of teachers of music. With nearly 22,000 members in 50 states—and more than 500 local affiliates—the MTNA is the preeminent source for music teacher support, where members embody like-minded values and commitment to their students, colleagues and society as a whole, while reaping the rewards of collaboration, continuity and connection throughout the lifetime of their careers.
National Association for Music Education (NAfME), among the world’s largest arts education organizations, is the only association that addresses all aspects of music education. NAfME advocates at the local, state, and national levels; provides resources for teachers, parents, and administrators; hosts professional development events; and offers a variety of opportunities for students and teachers. The Association orchestrates success for millions of students nationwide and has supported music educators at all teaching levels for more than a century.
A labor union representing professional musicians in the United States and Canada. Founding in 1896 as the successor to the "National League of Musicians," the AFM is the largest organization in the world representing the interests of professional musicians.
Sigma Alpha Iota is a professional International Music Fraternity for women. Formed to uphold the highest standards of music and to further the development of music in America and throughout the world, it continues to provide musical and educational resources to its members and the general public.Sigma Alpha Iota operates its own national philanthropy, Sigma Alpha Iota Philanthropies, Inc.
Since 1970, The International Horn Society (IHS) has been an organization of people from around the world drawn together with a mutual interest in the horn. We are dedicated to the performance, teaching, composition, research, preservation, and promotion of the horn as a musical instrument.
· French Horn · Online Rory really enjoyed the lesson and is very much looking forward to next time. Thank you Jessica!
· French Horn · In home Jessica was amazing with our daughter. She found an instrument the perfect size and our daughter is so excited. Jessica has a lot of energy and her enthusiasm is contagious. She worked great with our young daughter and I would highly recommend!
· French Horn · Jess is not only an amazing French horn player, but a dedicated teacher as well. I first met her when we both attended the University of Delaware, where I got to work with her as a fellow musician. She has amazing discipline when it comes to studying and practicing, and she brings that dedication to her teaching as well. With her bachelor's and master's degree in Performance, she has a vast array of techniques and exercises at her disposal that she is excited to share with any student who is willing and ready to learn. As a teacher, she will take the time to individualize a students' needs and goals. She loves to share her passion for music and will share in her students' success.
· · I am happy to say that Jessica was in my studio at the Manhattan School of Music. When I first met her, I was immediately taken with her as a person and a player. She is a sweetheart, extremely musical and unbelievably determined! I knew that teaching was in her future when I saw her passion for it come alive during our monthly studio classes. The other students really respected what she had to say, as did I - AND she has the goods to back it up! If I were you, I would study with her!!
· French Horn · In studio Jess is a fantastic horn player, musician and person. I've worked with Jess as both a conductor and a fellow horn player. Her playing is very polished and she's given me many tips that have helped my own playing. We've performed children's concerts together. She always has a warm personality and connects with students of all skill levels and ages. You can't go wrong with Jess!
· French Horn · Besides being a fantastic horn player, Jess is a joy to be around, both professionally and personally. After having worked with her in a variety of performance organizations (classical, musical theatre, and educational) and as both a fellow hornist and as an arts administrator in a group for which she performed - it's clear she has the ability to operate seamlessly and with enthusiasm in all situations. I 100% recommend her as a teacher for her musicianship, technique, solid commitment to pedagogy, and ability to foster an engaged, creative learning experience.
· · Jess is an absolute pleasure to be around and to learn from. I have observed her interactions with students of all levels, and I am always so impressed with her ability to connect with anyone that she comes in contact with. She consistently gives 110% and her dedication drives her students and her peers toward and beyond their goals. She is the embodiment of true passion for music and education, and it spreads like wildfire! She is a truly innovative musician in this very big city, and I absolutely can not give her enough praise.
· French Horn · In studio Jessica is an INCREDIBLE horn player and a fantastic teacher. As I studied under her throughout high school, I advanced from a relative beginner to a regionally-ranked horn musician in the state of PA. Each lesson was upbeat and fun, and she always left me feeling encouraged and confident. She broke down challenging melodies and made very difficult pieces seem easy for me to grasp. Most importantly, Jess taught me to love practicing music and was always an awesome example of how beautiful the French horn can truly be!