- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
Jessica moved to the Chevy Chase/Bethesda area in 2009, having grown up and gone to school in New York and Ohio. She loves the area, and she and her husband are thrilled to be putting down roots in the community. As a performer, Jessica has traveled around the world, but throughout her career teaching has been one of her most important focuses. "As a relative newcomer to the DC area, growing my private studio has been a great way to get involved in the community. My teaching style is individualized, but I always try to include two important things: building a strong basic skill set, and developing creativity."
*** Lesson Details ***
Whether your goal is to make it into All-State, give a solo recital, play tunes at family gatherings, or just try something new for the very first time, I will help you succeed and have a good time along the way.
In my view, the most interesting thing about performing music is that it is one of the few activities that engages both the left and the right brain at the same time. With that in mind, my teaching places equal importance on developing strong technique, and developing creativity. Students learn all the basics of music, and also spend time developing strong ensemble skills and strong background knowledge of style and repertoire, so that they can enjoy music in all kinds of settings, all their lives.
Knowing from experience how "boring" it can be to learn by rote, I combine technical work with fun time playing duets together, improvising, and exploring a wide variety of styles and genres of music. After all, there is no experience so motivating as hearing a new piece that you HAVE to learn to play yourself!
*** Studio Equipment ***
lessons in either living room or upstairs office; Steinway baby grand piano in living room;
*** Travel Equipment ***
I expect piano students to have daily access to either a piano or a keyboard with 88 full-sized, weighted keys. Bass or cello students must have their own bass or cello.
*** Specialties ***
classical, baroque, renaissance
Private and group lessons in piano, cello, double bass and viola da gamba
Instructor of private cello and bass
· Piano · In studio Jessica is very nice!
· · I really enjoy taking piano lessons with Jessica. It had been 40 years since I took lessons (as a teenager). Jessica's manner as well as her knowledge and love of music is just what I was hoping to find in a teacher. Her ability to explain musical concepts and her thoughtful approach to teaching has far surpassed my expectations. She gives great constructive feedback and ensures that you understand what she is saying. She is very positive and patient. I thoroughly enjoy my lessons with her and recommend her strongly.
· · very responsible and professional! also nice and patient.
· · Jessica is an amazing teacher! She is very patient and helpful. Absolutely so much fun and very professional!
· · Clinical Ethicist
The piano lessons are just great. Jessica is a thorough but gentle teacher. Her style is just perfect for me and I'm very much enjoying the lessons.
· · Excellent
The fact that she kept pushing me to reach new heights in learning was more than what I could ask for. I definitely learned a great deal in technique and was able to accomplish the goal of reading music. If I do get the oppurtunity to return to taking piano lessons again I really hope Jessica is available for teaching.
· · professional
Jessica is kind, calm & professional in her manner.
· · She is great!
Jessica came to our house now for the 3rd time to teach both of our daughters one of which is beginner and the other one already has some experience. Since they are learning with Jessica, both are very motivated and love to play piano! Jessica is very encouraging, friendly and patient. We are very happy to have found her.
· · Best piano instructor
Jessica is an excellent piano instructor, who is very patient, knowledgeable, diligent and very inspiring. She is such a positive person and pleasure to be around.
· · Jessica is an excellent cello teacher; she is very enthusiastic, encouraging and patient. She definitely knows her stuff. I highly recommend her!