- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
I have been making music and teaching music for over 30 years. I have a PhD. in Music Composition from Michigan State University and played Trumpet with the Macomb Symphony Orchestra for 7 years.
I have worked as a music director in churches for over 25 years helping volunteers achieve their musical potential. I have a passion for helping people succeed on their chosen instrument and would love to have the opportunity to help you reach your goals.
Each person is unique, so I will work to develop a plan for musical growth that works for you. At the same time there are fundamental concepts and skills that all musicians must master. So I will guide you to know what is essential to your instrument and musical goals.
Oversee new college-level training institute.
Oversee all of the volunteer and paid musicians and artists for the church.
· Guitar · In studio my child had a great time; looking forward to the next lesson. THANKS!
· Trumpet · In home My sophomore daughter has enjoyed taking trumpet lessons from Dr. Wyrick this school year. He has been consistent, creative and enthusiastic. She looks forward to her scheduled lesson each week and shares only positive experiences with us. As a parent, I appreciate Dr. Wyrick's kind demeanor and knowledge base. We definitely see progress and increased confidence in our trumpet player. She even received a superior rating on her trumpet solo at this year's Solo and Ensemble Festival in January.
· Guitar · In home I am a 46 year old man and I have always wanted to play the guitar, so I finally bought a guitar last year. I had tried to teach myself by using a lesson book from the guitar store, then I tried to learn from an instructor on-line. I became frustrated with both attempts, finding I was not understanding what the book and the on-line instructor was trying to teach. I also tried another instructor, but became quickly discouraged by his teaching methods and even stopped playing for about 6 months. When I started taking lessons from Jerry, I actually got excited to play again. I only have a small amount of time to practice so my progress has been very slow, but Jerry has always been patient and encouraging. I had learned more from Jerry in the first few lessons than I had in all of the other methods combined. I started with Jerry really believing that I was physically unable to finger the strings on my guitar, but Jerry took the time to see what I was doing wrong and gave me help on how to correct the issues.
· Music Theory · Online I was blessed with an opportunity to take the course "Elements of Music" through the Worship Arts Conservatory. Jerry was the instructor. While I have zero technical knowledge of music I do have a passion for singing but was at a big disadvantage not knowing how to read music. I sing in the choir at our church and also sing on the praise team and his expertise in helping others to understand and successfully dissect written music has helped me acquire the necessary skills to take my passion to the next level. Jerry is a wonderful teacher who truly has an honest passion for music and an equal passion for helping others with their passion for music as well.
· Music Theory · In studio I took a Worship Ministries course with Jerry which covered music theory, playing and leading Contemporary Christian Music, and some basic techniques on keyboard, guitar, bass guitar and drums. Jerry is an encourager--he brings out the best in his students and helps them to reach their full potential as a musician. He is knowledgeable, accomplished and patient--an ideal teacher.