- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
Jerry W. holds a Bachelor of Music Degree in Music Education from Oklahoma Baptist University, as well as a Master of Music Pedagogy and Performance from Oklahoma State University. He is a published research assistant as well as the author of 6 books on sight reading. He is also the inventor of the game "guitar bingo." He cites Steve Vai, Joe Satriani, Eric Johnson, Paul Gilbert, Bill Lafleur, Alex Machacek and Monte Montgomery to be among his most powerful influences.
Lesson format is as follows: First, a short drill of fundamentals (this can include scales, arpeggios, exercises, etc.). Second, a short segment of reading. Third, the study of a piece of music (usually in the favored style chosen by the student). This third section of the lesson is very important as the focus is on the practical application of the fundamentals previously studied. Fourth, a short segment involving improvisation (again, typically in the style of music chosen by the student).
Play guitar as needed for worship services.
Played guitar, hired musicians, and conducted rehearsals for a variety of shows.
Taught instrumental music in several public and private schools.
National Association for Music Education (NAfME), among the world’s largest arts education organizations, is the only association that addresses all aspects of music education. NAfME advocates at the local, state, and national levels; provides resources for teachers, parents, and administrators; hosts professional development events; and offers a variety of opportunities for students and teachers. The Association orchestrates success for millions of students nationwide and has supported music educators at all teaching levels for more than a century.
· Guitar · In home Excellent
· Guitar · In home Great lesson, totally fun and informative
· Guitar · In home Jerry is not only a phenomenal instructor, but also a great coach, which is what you have to be in order to keep an 8 year old engaged. My son is very much engaged and enjoying the lessons. Thank you Jerry!
· Guitar · In home After three lessons with Jerry, I'm convinced I chose the right instructor. He has a fantastic demeanor, deep knowledge of music and is a natural, patient teacher. My progress is beyond expected and I'm having a great time.
· · Fabulous!
Jerry is a great guitar teacher! He is a bright addition to my life with his humor and extensive and useful knowledge of guitar. He is not easily distracted by my questions; he answers them and we move on to accomplish even more. My view of what I'd like to learn can be so small or narrow, and he is encouraging me to really expand my knowledge and skills in every area of the guitar and music.I have a background in music, and was basically self-taught for a few years. He has easily spring-boarded off what I already know and added so much more. Jerry is flexible enough to teach me what I think I need, and then, reach into his deep library of lesson materials and give me plenty of challenge. His instructions are easy to understand and follow. He has made himself very available to me for questions.He is positive, upbeat, funny, understanding, patient, and has a skill level on the guitar that inspires me to improve. He is a safe and welcome addition to our family. I hope someday to add more of my family members to his roster of students. Let's all play guitar!!! Just like Jerry!
· · I really enjoy lessons with Jerry. He is always prepared, interested in me as a student, and has a good sense of humor. I am learning quickly and am prepared to move to the next level.
· · Jerry W
Jerry has been terrific with my son Miles and Miles looks forward to his lessons and is very enthusiastic about learning to play the guitar!
· · Jerry is a true instructor with a lot of knowledge and patience. I would like to continue with him for a long time
· · Jerry's been great!!
· · Jerry is the coolest.
Jerry is very knowledgable and organized, but also relaxed and open to any of my comments or suggestions. He has been easy to communicate with, and very supportive in the way he focuses on the good things I am accomplishing. I always feel like I have plenty to practice and work on, but am never overwhelmed. I have had a great time with my lessons the past month, and I look forward to building my skills further.