- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
Jeremy Manlangit discovered passion when he picked up the flute late his junior year of high school. After only a year of being self-taught he quickly became principle flutist of his school’s top band, the district orchestra, and the district honor band. During his studies at San Diego State University, under the instruction of Pamela Vliek Martchev, he performed with the San Diego City Ballet (2013), Opera Neo (2015), as well as SDSU’s top performing groups, the Symphony Orchestra (2013-2016) and Wind Symphony (2011-2015). He has also performed in numerous musical productions such as Into the Woods, Les Misérables, West Side Story, and Annie. Jeremy has competed in the San Diego Flute Guild competitions twice, placing 3rd in 2013 and earning Silver in 2016’s college division.
Currently, Jeremy works as a freelance musician and private instructor for the San Diego region where he aims to create and develop enriching musical experiences for his audiences and students.
· · I met Jeremy through his years as 1st chair flute in the Sweetwater High School District's Symphonic District Orchestra (2009-11), Eastlake High School's marching and concert program, and District Honor Band (2011). Despite such talent, he retains his humility and genuine love for music.
Prospective students can expect exemplary discipline and much needed humor that are sure to encourage through even the most challenging of exercises. As it is nowadays, a teacher must not only be a teacher but also an entertainer. One would do very well in choosing Mr. Manlangit as an instructor.
· · Jeremy has a such a natural talent for music and his passion for it really shows through his commitment and performances. He learned the flute in such a short period of time and I had the pleasure of watching him grow into an amazing musician from high school till now. He has developed so much knowledge about the flute and I have no doubt that he would be an excellent teacher for anyone.
Along with his musical abilities, his easygoing personality will make anyone feel comfortable and have fun while learning a lot. No matter what level you are at, Jeremy is able to cater to anyone's needs and work with you patiently to help you become a better player. I would highly recommend him to anyone for any music/flute lessons.
· · As a former piano teacher myself, I can use my ethics to confindently recommend Jeremy to anyone as their music instructor, teacher, mentor and friend. During my experiences in teaching music, I struggled to simplify certain areas in piano to allow my students to understand them because of how easily I was able to learn them when I was learning. But Jeremy knows how to adjust to his students learning styles in a time effiecient manner as well as a creative one.
Additionally, as Jeremy's friend, I've seen him developed his love and passion over the years for not only the flute, but music in general. His laughable personality matched with his talent will lure anyone to drive their passion for music the same way he does.
· Flute · In home I was fortunate enough to have Jeremy as an instructor in my first year of high school. He helped tremendously with my tone and with my understanding of the flute itself by helping me with harmonics. He provided new warm ups and exercises designed to help me improve in areas in which I was lacking. In time, I went on to be first chair on my high school's marching band and wind ensemble. Years later, I still have notes and exercises from our lessons and use them when I practise. Not only do I recommend Jeremy for the excellent job he does as a flute instructor, but also because he's friendly, great to be around, and really makes you look forward to the next lesson.
· Flute · In studio Jeremy is an extremely hard worker. I met him at SDSU and watched him improve immensely in a short amount of time. He made the top 3 of each chair placement audition at school placing him in the top ensembles . He's constantly learning and sharing his practice tips that have helped him get to his high level of performance. He knows how to help other students, explains concepts in simple ways to understand, and knows which books to use. He puts attention to detail and focuses on technique. He listens attentively and helps you train your ear. His expression is beautiful and his passion shows through his performance. I would recommend for a private lesson.
· · I have known Jeremy since middle school and he has always had a passion for music. He and I joined band our sophomore year of high school. He picked up flute for the first time our junior year and with dedication and hard work, he quickly became the best floutist in the band. He became section leader after one short year.
Jeremy has a keen ear for music and sound. As section leader, he knew exactly what he was looking for and how he wanted everything to sound. He is also a great instructor. He tailors each lesson toward the student's specific needs and adjusts accordingly. Jeremy will truly work with you to make sure you grow and develop as a musician.
When you're with Jeremy, you can sense his passion and love of music and that energy rubs off on you. I've seen him grow since the beginning and he continues to excel in music.
I highly recommend Jeremy as an instructor. His lessons will be very valuable and you will learn so much from him.
· Flute · In home I first met Jeremy when I started playing the flute in middle school and he would come after school to help mentor us beginning flutists. In high school, I sought extra help to further develop my skills and asked Jeremy for lessons. In only a few short months, I grew tremendously as a musician as he not only helped me to excel at the songs we were working on at the time, but also in music theory and how to prepare for similar pieces. These skills helped me to later become first chair flutist during my senior year and has aided me with other areas of music which I studied. He is super friendly and helpful and will definitely work with you, whatever level you are, to help you to become the best that you can be!
· Flute · In home He was my first and best flute instructor! I really enjoyed his lessons.
During my high school years, he helped me become 1st chair in band class and district honor band. He also helped me get the solo for the marching band field show during my senior year.
He taught me step by step with tone, articulation, arpeggios, harmonics, scales, etc.
I would definitely recommend taking his lessons!!
· Flute · In home I had the pleasure of taking lessons from Jeremy when I was in marching band in high school when he was a first and second year at SDSU.
He was great at giving me the knowledge and exercises to improve as a player, and challenge myself with new exercises. Jeremy also made sure to create a practice schedule that I would realistically be able to do outside of lessons.
After taking lessons from him, I was able to become first chair flute in my high school's wind ensemble (the highest level) as a junior, as well as excel in marching band. He is an overall passionate and dedicated teacher who creates a fun and educational learning environment.
I have no doubt that he has continued to grow as an instructor as he continued his musical education.
It is my pleasure to recommend Jeremy!