- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
* Additional days or times may be available than are listed on this site. Please "ask a question" for more information about scheduling.
From musicals, to accompanying or directing choirs, Jenny has been performing most of her life. She began teaching voice and piano at Broadway Academy in Sacramento, CA, and has continued teaching for more than 20 years. She received her BA in Vocal Performance and Teaching Credential from San Jose State University. Since then, Jenny has taught general music, choir, piano and music theory at every grade level in public, private and charter schools.
Jenny has been the director of choirs at St. James Lutheran Church in San Leandro, CA, and Christ the King Lutheran in Orangevale. She was a founding member of The Choral Project and has sung eight seasons with the Sacramento Master Singers. Jenny has been the vocal director for numerous youth musical theatre classes and productions, most recently with Stage Right Productions and CYT Sacramento. Jenny, her husband, Pastor Scott Guemmer, and Owen Myers form the Guemmer & Myers trio, who sing inspirational music throughout Northern California.
Jenny greatly enjoys helping people grow in confidence in their musicianship, performing skills, and other gifts. Her greatest joy is spending time with her husband and their two boys.
* Age 10 through adult
* Classical, musical theatre, light pop and jazz styles
* Breathing, posture, and healthy vocal production
* Performance coaching and audition preparation
* Sight-reading and musicianship
* Build confidence and have fun singing for fun or performance!
* Age 5 through adult
* Beginning through intermediate levels
* Learn to read music
* Play music you enjoy!
* Students MUST own a piano or keyboard with touch sensitivity.
*** Studio Equipment ***
Piano, music stand, CD/iPod
*** Specialties ***
Classical, musical theatre, light pop, note-reading skills, performance/audition preparation, basic/intermediate piano skills and musicianship
21 years of teaching experience
K-12 Music Credential
Founded in 1944, National Association of Teachers of Singing, Inc. (NATS) is the largest professional association of teachers of singing in the world with more than 7,000 members worldwide.
Founded in 1907, NAfME is among the world’s largest arts education organizations. NAfME advocates at the local, state, and national levels; provides resources for teachers, parents, and administrators; hosts professional development events; and offers a variety of opportunities for students and teachers.
· Piano · In studio Best piano teach for young students! Jenny is so great with my 10 year old and has gotten her through hurdles with learning and makes it fun an interesting to practice piano! Can't recommend Jenny enough for any student of any age!
· Piano · In home Jenny is approachable and knowledgable. She meets students at their level, and works with them to improve them. My child has been taking lessons from Jenny for over a year, and has improved greatly. I highly recommend Jenny!
· Piano · In studio Jenny is a great teacher! Very patient with all age levels. I am an older student coming back to the piano after many years and Jenny has motivated me to learn to read music again and to learn songs that I never thought possible.
· Singing · Fantastic singing teacher!
Jenny is amazing! Her friendly personality and professional responses made me eager to go to class and improve. She's always responded to my calls or emails right away.