Hi! My name is Jennifer J. I graduated with my Masters in Music from the University of Redlands. I received my Bachelor's Degree from the University of Louisiana at Monroe. Through my college career, I was able to perform in many musical productions. Some of these roles include: Yvonne in Miss Saigon (Louisiana Lyric Opera), Mother in Hansel and Gretel (University of Louisiana at Monroe), Erma in Anything Goes (University of Louisiana at Monroe), Euridice in Orfeo ed Euridice (University of Redlands), and Suor Angelica in Suor Angelica (University of Redlands). There are many performance coming up this year, also!
During my time in Undergrad, I had the opportunities to study abroad for two summers. I was accepted into University of Miami's Salzburg program (2009), and the following summer did Westminster Choir College's Florence Voice Seminar (2010). Throughout both of these experiences, I was able to work with world renowned teachers and coaches. These programs helped me grow as a teacher and a performer.
I am a member of NATS (National Association of Teachers of Singing), Texoma Region.
With the experience I have, I hope to start teaching you someday!
*** Lesson Details ***
I like to have fun in lessons, but also get things done and help my students grow. I do require my students to record every lesson, therefore helping them practice during the week. All in all, I want you all to feel comfortable in your learning environment, and have fun learning!
For voice, I teach multiple breathing exercises and techniques. Also, I will organize the individuals warm-ups according to the songs we are working on and voice type.
With piano, I use the Alfred book series. I learned piano using this series and I absolutely love the visuals and techniques. It makes it easy for parents to help with their kids.
*** Studio Equipment ***
Studio with Yamaha upright piano. Lots of stickers and fun stuff for young students. Parents are welcome to sit in the room or are welcome to sit in the living room during the lesson.
*** Travel Equipment ***
I will provide the books, piano students need to pay $8 a book.
*** Specialties ***
In voice, I work the Alexander technique methods. I believe in releasing bad tension and freeing the voice.
In piano, I start with the Alfred Series. Once the student is in level 1B, I incorporate the use of a theory book. The understanding of theory is key in music!
I lead the large congregation in song every Sunday
I teach private voice and piano lessons. I love improving students self esteems and musical talents!
I perform for events such as weddings, funerals, luncheons, etc.
Private voice lessons
Performed the part of Yvonne in Miss Saigon
Founded in 1944, National Association of Teachers of Singing, Inc. (NATS) is the largest professional association of teachers of singing in the world with more than 7,000 members worldwide.
· Opera Voice · In studio Very knowledgeable and carefully listened to my goals and objectives for taking lessons. Thoroughly enjoyed my lesson and look forward to taking more.
· Opera Voice · In home Jennifer is SO knowledgeable and gifted. Her professionalism shines and she is very invested in her students' success. We have been so happy with her services!!
· Piano · In studio I had a great experience with Jennifer and Take Lessons. Jennifer is highly qualified, flexible, and creative with her work.
· Singing · In studio Jennifer is very thorough, and personable. She really works around my schedule whenever there is an issue. I would definitely recommend her as a teacher.
· Piano · In studio My daughter likes her . She feels comfortable to ask questions. She likes the way Jennifer teaches. Jennifer is flexible with scheduling. Recommend!
· Singing · In studio Great first lesson. Very knowledgeable teacher with a great personality.
· Piano · In studio My granddaughter was just beginning piano. Jennifer was very patient and kind to her. Great instructor. I definitely would recommend her to anyone.
· Singing · In studio Jennifer is an excellent teacher. Her attention to detail and technique cannot be matched. She has the ability to pinpoint exactly what needs improvement, and she is able to re-train the bad habits you have. I've seen a huge improvement in my voice in just one year. Now, I'm singing with a larger range with a much more healthy sound. This is important because I want my voice to last. I highly recommend Jennifer.
· Piano · In studio Jennifer is very patient with my active eight year old. Her positive feedback and encouragement has made piano my child's favorite activity! As a parent, I appreciate Jennifer's clear instructions and communication.
· Singing · In home Jennifer is truly amazing! She teachers our 8 year old son and has taught him so much. He is a talker and wiggles around a lot and Jennifer has the patience of an angel with him. He loves her! Because of her, he has an ability we never knew he had. We couldn't be happier with her teaching!! And...she has the most incredible voice!