- Teaches students:
- Ages 5+ and special needs
- Teaching since:
- September 2010
My Lessons are customized in a number of ways to create the ideal experience for each student and family.
• Curriculum adheres to student and parent generated long-term goals
• Musical arrangements and accompaniments are created to accommodate individual interests
• Students can learn a variety of skills such as improvisation, effective practice habits, music composition, and many others
• Students have the option to explore multiple instruments.
• Instruction accommodates different learning styles and strengths.
Much of today’s music is created or altered through digital means. For this reason students of all ages should consider exploring different ways to interact with digital music in their lessons such as:
• layering multiple audio tracks,
• creating digital accompaniments to play along to
• looping, editing, and adding effects to recorded audio
These aspects of a lesson not only better prepare students for the likely future of music but it also makes lessons more exciting, creative, and fun!
At Uplift I was the sole music teacher for grades nine through twelve. In addition to teaching choir, general music, and band, I also ran a variety of after school music programs like guitar, a cappella, and keyboard club. Just recently, I set up the school's first digital music studio.+ Read More
At St. Joseph, I served served as the part-time band director for grades four through eight. Here I taught small group lessons to a variety of different instruments.
I taught part-time general music to Kindergarten through eight grade students. Students learned vocal techniques, recorder, Orff instruments, percussion, keyboard, and guitar.
I worked with Jeff at a Chicago high school where his dedication and passion for music was witnessed by many people!
He is down-to-earth, easy to talk to and very friendly!
Jeff Johnson is a phenomenal instructor. He is patient, enjoyable, and informative. Jeff has a brilliant sense of teaching technique and theory. I look forward to each lesson, and continuing to build and improve every time. He is very supportive and motivates me to do my absolute best!+ Read More
Jeff Johnson is a wonderful private lesson teacher! He is an outstanding musician and is very knowledgeable about the saxophone, literature, and what it takes to help students improve. I highly recommend him as a private instructor.