I graduated from Berklee College of Music where I received my Bachelors in Songwriting. While attending Berklee, I won a prestigious songwriting competition that allowed me to perform my winning song in an audience filled with my peers and instructors.
I’ve been teaching private music lessons for over ten years and rock band classes for about five years. One of my bands won a battle of the bands contest with over eighty bands performing. I teach all levels on guitar. I can teach from beginning to intermediate levels on piano and bass.
My goal as an instructor is to get you playing your favorite songs. I find that this keeps you motivated and excited as you continue to progress on your instrument.
*** Lesson Details ***
Every lesson is personalized to to help you reach your goals. Some students want to learn how to read music, others just want tab. Some students want to just focus on songs and chords. I’ve also just taught music theory and how it applies to writing your own songs. I will work on whatever it is that you want to focus on.
Keep in mind that if you are a complete beginner, then we will have to focus on the basics and technique until you’re ready to start rocking out those songs. But we will focus on how to get you there.
I like to incorporate bookwork, scales, arpeggios, and other exercises and pieces to help you gain a better understanding of your instrument.
*** Travel Equipment ***
I come with my guitar, laptop, tuner, metronome and handouts. Student should have music stand, guitar, and amp (if guitar is electric).
*** Specialties ***
I've taught rock, blues, folk, jazz and classical guitar. The majority of my students learn typical pop/rock type of music, but on occasion I have taught jazz and classical. I studied classical and jazz guitar for about 2 years, but I wouldn't say I'm an expert.
I also teach beginning piano and bass lessons. I cover note reading, chords, scales and songs.
Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions. Thanks for reviewing my profile.
Here are links to my Facebook, Instagram and Linkedin:
· Guitar · In home I feel so fortunate to have found Jeff. He's one of the best guitar teachers I've ever had. He's smart, patient, and knows how to tailor the lesson just for you. He never makes you feel dumb and finds a way to make learning the guitar fun. Highly recommend him and he's an all around great guy too. Definitely take advantage of the opportunity to work with him!
· Guitar · In home My name is Paula, and Jeff has been my guitar teacher for a little over 3 years. In LA, there are so many music teachers that it can be overwhelming picking the perfect one. Jeff has a solid music theory background. He is professional and passionate about music and it really shows when we have our lessons. What stands out about Jeff is his ability to teach the way I learn, and he make every lesson fun. I enjoy Jeff's patience with my learning process, and sense of humor. I appreciate that Jeff does not judge me when I make mistakes, especially when I am super hard on myself. He keeps it real, and is very encouraging. He creates a safe environment to play music. I have learned so much with my guitar, and I am always looking forward to the next lesson!!
Thank you Jeff for being an AWESOME teacher!
· Guitar · In home Jeff is an amazing teacher! He has a way of explaining things so they click. He's incredibly encouraging and patient. I would recommend him to anyone!
· Guitar · In home Jeff is the best!! My children have been taking guitar lessons with him for years now and they love ever minute of it!! He is so knowledgeable, patient, funny, and really makes learning fun for them. We feel so fortunate that we found him and anybody would be lucky to have him as their teacher!!
· Piano · In home Taught my son piano and guitar for my daughter. Was always very patient and had a positive attitude. Works very well with young children.