- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
I have performed my whole life! I started with choir in Elementary School, and was in choir all throughout Middle School and High School. My show choir was featured on the pilot episode on Glee! I graduated from college with a degree in Classical vocal performance, and am classically trained. I love Musical Theatre, and a good Mariah Carey song, on any given day!
In college I had extensive theory training and took over 40 units of just Music theory including, ear training, and counterpoint.
I have performed in 3 operas, and I think that performance is very important in all aspects of life! In fact, anyone who is apart of my studio will have the opportunity to take part in a recital opportunity, at a professional hall, twice a year. This is not mandatory, but is a huge perk, and great incentive!
I took piano for 10 years, and believe that piano is the foundation for any sort of musical training.
I have been teaching for about 8-9 years and I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT!!!! I can't imagine doing anything else.
*** Lesson Details ***
I always bring necessary materials to our first lesson. From there, I will assess where the student is at, and prescribe the proper methodology. I have an excellent selection of vocal books, and am willing to suggest other books that might be suitable.
I use 2 different methods for teaching piano. The Alfred Series or the Faber and Faber series. I will asses which will be necessary to for the student after our first lesson.
I am not a strict teacher, but I am not laid back either. I expect all of my students to practice at least 4-5 times a week. However, I do understand when unexpected life circumstances come up, and time does not permit one to practice.
For my piano students, after 3 months, you can expect to be reading music on the staff, and after 6 months, with practice you can expect to be playing music off the staff with hands together hopefully in the second level. :)
For vocal students, after 3-6 months, my students will have developed a healthier, better technique to singing. Hopefully we will have 3-5 songs in the students repertoire list, and he/she will gain a sense of confidence when singing out loud or in front of an audience.
Guitar students can expect to learn how to play their favorite pop song within 3 months.
ASL students will be able to participate in deaf conversation within 6-9 months. However, by the end of the first 3 months, students will be able to finger spell their names, as well as various greetings to introduce themselves, and start conversations with deaf people.
*** Studio Equipment ***
I have a piano at my home, as well as a plethora of vocal and piano repertoire.
*** Travel Equipment ***
Necessary supplementary curriculum for students to learn. I expect the students to have a piano or keyboard, ready to use for weekly lessons.
Keeping the lesson grounded, focused, with a clear objective, all while being fun, and engaging.
I teach choir for 7th and 8th grade students!!
I worked with classroom teachers to provide music education that integrated with set curriculum. We would sing songs pertaining to holidays, as well as learn rhythms, and basic skills of sight reading.
I taught students from 4-50 the basics of piano and vocal techniques depending on what each student wanted to receive out of each lesson. I was in charge of scheduling all my students and making sure they paid on time, and practiced the curriculum every week.
o Teaching music in a studio setting
o Abiding by a set, suggested curriculum
o Organizing personal schedule of students
o Calling and responding to parents
o Adjusting teaching techniques to fit the needs of all students
I have recently graduated with a teaching credential in CA, which is valid in 46 other states to teach music to any grade level of students.
· Guitar · In studio My Son enjoys taking guitar lessons with Jayna. He always looks forward to class.
· Singing · In studio Jayna is a surprisingly patient teacher, an extremely talented singer, and a very pleasant person. Her energy and enthusiasm made me look forward to our lessons every weekend. She was welling to work with me on my goals, encouraged me when I was showing improvement, and occasionally scolded me for slacking. Although initially I wasn't sure about my decision in taking singing lessons, I'm glad I went ahead with it because Jayna proved to be a fantastic teacher!!!
· Piano · In studio My 8 year old daughter takes piano lessons from Jayna and she absolutely loves it! Jayna is super patient and kind and always provides positive feedback and encouragement. I would definitely recommend her to anyone interested in taking lessons!
· Guitar · In home Our daughter is 6 and has really enjoyed learning to play guitar. The instruction is great and easy to follow even from home with homework. We've really been pleased with her teaching.
· Piano · In home Our daughter is learning so much and she looks forward to every lesson with Jayna.
· Piano · In studio Jayna does a great job with my daughter, her student. She is patient and makes sure she understands the lesson before moving on. Having never had piano lessons before, my daughter is just learning and loving going to lessons.
· Piano · In studio Jayna has been absolutely wonderful thus far! I really didn't know what to expect going into these lessons, but her young-self is full of life. She is very skilled and highly knowledgeable in musicality. Thirty minutes is plenty of time for the content we go over, but would love to stay and talk music even longer if I could. She is as relatable and personable as anyone. Jayna has a good way of making the lessons fun, while maintaining stern-enough attitude to keep you focused and on-track. I really couldn't enjoy my time more with and look forward to many months of lessons ahead.
· Piano · In studio Jayna is a fantastic teacher.
· Piano · In studio My 4-year-old daughter loves taking lessons with Jayna. She has learned so much over 2 months. Jayna's lessons are always fun and productive. We will stay with Jayna as long as we stay in AZ.
· Piano · In studio She is awesome! Explains things so well and is very patient and encouraging.
Can't wait for my next lesson.