- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
*See further below for lesson details!*
Jaxon the Guitarist: I am a Doctoral Guitar Major at USC studying classical guitar. I have been playing the guitar for 19 years and teaching for 10. My main style is classical, and due to the technical training I have had since I was very young, it has been very easy for me to learn and master other styles such as Rock, Jazz, Blues, Pop, Country, and other styles of guitar. I have a passion for performing and have played hundreds of solo and ensemble concerts. As a classical performer I was the Oregon State champion in their guitar competition for both 2005 and 2006 and won 4th prize at the Sierra Nevada International Classical Guitar Competition 2014. I have played concerts all over the United States as well as in Spain and Mexico. As a performer of other styles I have played in many bands and have won high school battle of the bands competitions and recently placed 2nd in BYU's battle of the bands 2011. I was a regional finalist in Guitar Center's "King of the Blues" competition as well.
Jaxon the Teacher: I really love spreading the knowledge I've learned over the years about the guitar, bass guitar, songwriting, music theory, and everything music related to my students. I find a huge sense of fulfillment in seeing my students understand and enjoy learning and making beautiful music. I have a high level of knowledge and skills that I am very willing to use to teach students from the most beginner to the most advanced. Former students of mine have achieved lofty goals ranging from making it into a music program at the college level to winning their school's talent show to being accepted into their school's jazz band.
*** Lesson Details ***
My curriculum is based around YOU. I push my students hard, but I make sure they're always having fun and enjoying playing. I like to get my students playing real songs as fast as possible so they can see results immediately and get excited!
Note: I am trained and specialized in teaching children fingerstyle guitar. I have taught hundreds of kids in schools, privately, and in groups over the last two years. The method I use is proven to give kids the best possible start to music and maximize their potential. If you have children and you want them to learn good technique and music principles through guitar, you don't want to look any further, I promise.
*** Studio Equipment ***
I have stools, music stands, and an amp here so all you need to bring is your guitar!
*** Travel Equipment ***
I do not provide any equipment.
Student must have their own guitar and amp if they play electric.
I do have guitars available for rental.
*** Specialties ***
-Children's fingerstyle guitar
-Proficient in Suzuki method
-Specialist in classical guitar, though proficient up to highly advanced in any guitar style (blues, rock, country, jazz, pop, etc)
-Also very experienced teaching songwriting and music performance
Teach private lessons and classes to USC guitarists.
Work with Aspen Music Festival and Lead Guitar program to start classical guitar programs in school in Aspen, CO and surrounding areas. I also teach the teachers in the valley how to effectively teach classical guitar to kids. In addition to Aspen, I travel to other states working with Lead Guitar to do the same thing.
Taught guitar to Undergraduate Music Majors at ASU. Received a full tuition scholarship to do so.
Have been background checked and fingerprint cleared.
· Classical Guitar · In home Very good instructor. Excellent communication skills and very talented. My first lesson he did a very good job of refreshing my memory as someone who has been out of the music world for 13 years. Look forward to more sessions with JW.
· Guitar · Online Excellent instruction. Great fundamentals. Happy that the instruction platform works so well.
· Guitar · Online Jaxon is amazing. This is exactly the structure I was looking for in a guitar teacher.
· Music Theory · Online I am extremely happy with my first five lessons. I feel that my instruction is individualized well to my short term goals, which is to develop a solid theoretical foundation that enables me to understand compositional approaches and methodologies and prepare me to create my own compositions and arrangements. Currently the format of our lesson is to analyze/discuss a piece in detail with a compositional or arrangement exercise to reinforce the main techniques of the piece. (which is reviewed at the subsequent lesson). The exchange of ideas (as well as the exercises) have resulted in me learning something fun and interesting every single lesson. I highly recommend Jaxon as a music theory instructor.
· Guitar · In studio Jaxon is the most motivating as well as competent and friendly guitar teacher my 16-year-old son has ever had, and he has had two previous guitars teachers that were very good.
As a professional in the music industry in Hollywood for a very long time, I can assure you that Jaxon is extremely versatile and knowledgeable in all styles of guitar performance, be it classical, electric rock or blues, and I"m sure many more acoustic guitar styles that I have not heard him demonstrate.
Take it from a music professional......you can't go wrong in having Jaxon teach you or anyone in your family.
· Music Theory · Online
· Classical Guitar · Online Initially, I received the quintessential guitar lessons, complete with classical guitar exercises. I then developed an affinity for classical guitar, but I couldn’t journey further into the style because my training was limited. I can happily say that I have not only been able to overcome my plateau but also found the teacher who can shape me into the guitarist I aspire to be. I’m being taught via video chat but the lessons are nothing short of insightful. Your dedication as a student with Jaxon will take you far. Take the first lesson and you’ll see!
· Guitar · In home One word to sum up my first lesson: FANTASTIC. He's absolutely amazing and super talented!!
· Classical Guitar · Online Great instructor! Moving at a logical and achievable pace. Very enjoyable, I can see the improvement.
· Flamenco Guitar · In studio Awesome personality! Has a great way of explaining things to help you learn. Fun to work with.