- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
TakeLessons.com Instructor since 2005, Jason M. is now available for online lessons worldwide featuring multiple-camera angles and a share screen experience leaving no stone un-turned!
Jason has been playing guitar for over 15 years and teaching music since 1996. Although trained in standard teaching methods, he has developed his own method of teaching to positively enhance the students strength, dexterity, ear-training, memorization and techniques. His goal as a teacher is specifically designed to help you achieve your goals as an artist and a musician.
This year Jason was also the Music Director at the National Guitar Workshop Day Jams Rock Music Day Camp where students ages 7-15 came out to form bands, record original material and master their craft. He also taught beginning to advanced guitar/ vocals/ performance and songwriting as hosted a recording clinic at the end of each day.
Jason has host student showcases/charity benefits where his students were able to get on stage and show off their new talent and perform with other musicians. It wasn't mandatory though, if you were just looking to come out and support there was no pressure other than to come out and have fun.
Jason has been transcribing for guitar and bass since the age of 18 and since then has become a master of the craft including both 5 line staff and tablature, hand-crafted exercises and deconstructions to better enhance the students learning. Artists and genres that Jason has experience with range from Classic Rock, Metallica, Slayer, Megadeth, Guns N' Roses, Santana, Jimi Hendrix, Eric Clapton, Led Zeppelin, Robert Johnson, Pierce the Veil, Paramore, All Time Low, Demi Lava to, Iron Maiden, Motorhead, Pantera, Avenged Sevenfold, The White Stripes, Green Day, Old Crow Medicine Show, Taylor Swift, Mumford and Sons, Bruno Mars, Rob Zombie, John 5, Audioslave, Rage Against the Machine, Van Morrison, the Beatles, AC/DC, ZZ-Top, Bullet For My Valentine, All That Remains, Ozzy, Black Label Society, Sublime, Aerosmith, At the Drive In, Type O Negative, the Black Keys, the Pixies, the Toadies, Black Sabbath, Jason Mraz, Lady GaGa, John Mayer and Journey.
Jason attended the University of Alaska, Anchorage where his degree is in Music and Business. He is constantly continuing his education with music theory courses as well as private guitar instruction. He attends guitar workshops and seminars by artists such as John5 and Kerry King who are known as some of the worlds finest guitar players. He reviews every day from a wide range of over 1000 sources working to become a better musician and instructor.
Another nice feature that you might enjoy from one on one sessions with Jason is learning the ability to craft and record your own songs using state of the art technology that caters to your own unique personality. There are no limits!
Jason teaches all experience levels from beginner to intermediate and advanced as well as artists that are signed to labels.
Local news outlet Fox 5 did a segment with one of his students who overcame issues with ADD and depression as a result of taking guitar lessons.
His students advance quickly, some have released albums, been in Guitar World Magazine as well as its online companion and won awards for their music websites.
*** Lesson Details ***
Lessons are scheduled to best fit to the student's schedule when possible.
Students receive complimentary audio lessons and transcriptions of songs upon their first or second session. Jason is a very patient instructor and understands that students learn at a different pace, after all everyone is an individual.
*** Studio Equipment ***
ESP KH2 "skully" Kirk Hammett signature model Electric
Epiphone Zakk Wylde signature model Electric
Schecter SLS Blackjack Special Edition Avenger with Â©Sustainiac
Schecter Blackjack ATX 7-string
Jackson Randy Rhodes V
Fender '51 Pawn Shop Series
G&L S-500 custom Electric
ESP LTD AX-50 "banjo" Electric
ESP LTD AX-50 "guitar"
Fender Squire John 5 signature model
Yamaha Acoustic (left and right handed)
Voyage-Air Guitar Acoustic
Fender Squire Bass
Dean Vendetta Electric
Dean Dime Razorback
B.C. Rich Warlock
Guitar Pro 6
KRK Rokits speakers
Line 6 AXSYS212 Amp
Scott Ian Randall Amp
Cry Baby Wah
Digitech Whammy/Bad Monkey/Death Metal/Grunge pedals
Ibanez Chorus/Flanger Delay/Echo
Line 6 Backtrack
Drum sticks and practice pad
Multi-angle cameras for online students
*** Travel Equipment ***
Voyage-Air Guitar (Acoustic)
Laptop with ProTools/Backtrack or Guitar Pro 6
Scott Ian Randall Amp
Various guitars depending on project or mood.
*** Specialties ***
piano, guitar, music theory, music, bass guitar, banjo, songwriting, electric guitar, acoustic guitar,
As a guitar instructor, I moved my way up to teaching multi-instruments, clinics and rec eventually leading to become a music director for the camp. Duties included teaching, songwriting, recording, performance, and overall view of what it's like to be in a real band. Camp is ages 7-15.
Non music related. Took class for certification to work for kids for rock camp.
The American Society of Composers, Authors and Publishers (ASCAP) is a membership association of more than 480,000 US composers, songwriters, lyricists and music publishers. The ASCAP is committed to nurturing music makers throughout their careers.
· Classical Guitar · In home Jason is a remarkable teacher! He truly has been able to break through a mental block I've always had regarding thinking in chords rather than just reading notes. His desire to help the student reach a personal goal is so evident. Jason remained so confident that a 'light bulb' would come on that I started to believe it myself. He has put me on a good path now and did it with his confidence in me and by providing the right tools. Thank you for your patience, confidence in me, and your calm, pleasant way of teaching, Jason.
· Classical Guitar · In home Jason really cares about helping me achieve my goals. He is a totally dedicated teacher!
· Ukulele · In studio Great experience so far! Can't wait for the rest of our lessons!
· Guitar · Online I've been taking lessons from Jason now for more than a year. I've learned a lot and had lots of fun along the way. Jason is really patient and supportive and finds always a new angle if I seem to be stuck on something.
· Guitar · In studio Jason is a super nice guy and has so much to offer as a guitar teacher. After my first lesson, I'm looking forward to improving both my technique and my understanding of music theory.
· Ukulele · Online He shares great songs and tricks that i've never heard before.
· Ukulele · Online he is awesome :)
· Classical Guitar · In studio I feel it's safe to say that Jason would be a great teacher for anyone. I am a 78 yr old who has been self-teaching classical/fingerstyle for years but to really make progress I need instruction from a good teacher. I had my first lesson with Jason and am confident that he will prove to be the right instructor for me. He is extremely skilled, versatile, patient, and definitely personalizes his instruction for the student. I am more enthused about playing than I’ve been for years – and only after one lesson!!
· Ukulele · Online He is a awesome instructor
· Ukulele · In home Jason is great. I'm an older student and a slower learner, but Jason is very patient and encouraging at all times.