- Teaches students:
- Ages 10+ and special needs
- Teaching since:
Hey folks, Ive been slamming my drums for about 20 years, I have a fun exciting approach to teaching. Sometimes it can be boring to get bogged down with rudiments and classic drum lesson material, Im not that kind of teacher. I have a back round in psychology as well as music, and I understand the importance making any subject exciting to the audience. So heres my approach laid out below in a few easy steps.
1. Ask you what music you love, and what are some songs you want to learn how to play.
2. While helping you to rock out to your favorite songs, like a pro, I will be assessing certain chops you need to work on.
3. Slowly work in some basic drum rudiment work, to help you play the songs you love even better, and add in some of your own flare.
4. Eventually have you perform one of your songs live in front of friends and family, if you feel up to it.
5. Continue to build your skills in an organic, fun, engaging , performance goal focused teaching method that I truly believe in.
Heres some of my credentials:
1. Trained at the Drummers Collective in NYC in 2002, specifically with Memo Acevedo, and Sandy Gennaro.
2. Was signed to Universal Music/ Gotham Records in 2006 with the band Chiba Ken.
3. Toured the country , released original music that was licensed to Television, and Movies.
4. Continued on to do sessions work for various artists, mostly in the heavy metal genre.
Drumming has been my life for a long time, and Im very passionate about the process of development that occurs when taking on a challenge like learning drums. I will make this lots of fun, we will laugh a lot, we will rock out to your favorite music, while also developing important skills for music and for life. Thanks for reading this far, you are already showing your commitment.
Signed to Universal Music/ Gotham Records in 2006 with Chiba Ken, NYC based Rock/Metal band formed in 2003, released album nation wide. Toured the country opening for bands such as Iron Maiden, Powerman 5000, Ill Nino, From autumn to Ashes, Glass Jaw, Kitty, Otep.
Also went on to record drums for various independent artist, most recently " Desecrate", wrote and tracked all drums for their last album.