- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
I am passionate about music and I strive to share this passion with my students. I started playing guitar at age seven and have been hooked ever since. I have been teaching and playing gigs for years and I have just graduated from Kennesaw State University with a Bachelors degree in Jazz Guitar Performance. I can help students with a variety of styles including Jazz, Blues, Country, Funk, Rock and Metal, Folk, Finger style and Classical guitar.
Lessons are tailored to where you are as a player, what your goals are and how serious you wish to be. No matter what, music should always be fun and something you love, and I believe I can help inspire you to have the same love for music that I have. You will find me to be a laid back teacher. Students will develop skills in a wide variety of areas including reading, chords, scales, modes, and how to use all of this to make meaningful music.
Jared has also been giving private lessons on guitar for four years and has been teaching at Great Southern Music in
Cartersville for two years up until the present. He plays weekly at West Cobb Church and has played various gigs around the Atlanta area,
including Copeland's, The Vinyl, Douglasville Jazz Windown, The CNN Center, GA 120 Tavern and the Bailey Performance Center. In addition Jared has played in various wedding and party bands, including the Celebrity All Star Band and has played with the Macon Pops Orchestra, where he was able to play with Chuck Leavall of the Rolling Stones and The Allman Brothers. Jared has also recorded an album with Porcupine Tree bassist Colin Edwin, to be released sometime in the near future.
· Guitar · In home Very thorough and systematic in teaching, awesome!
· Banjo · In home Very nice guy, good teacher. I was comfortable and felt I had a great first stab at banjo playing. I'm looking forward to my next lesson!!
· Guitar · In studio Mr. Jared Leach has been my instructor for almost a year and a half in Cartersville, GA. I'm an "older" student at 56-yrs who's been on/off with the instrument (guitar) over the years and Jared has met/exceeded my expectations for formal music instruction. Looking back over these past 18 months - Upon initial instruction, Jared does a fairly good skill assessment and works with the student ("me") to remediate their weaknesses and builds on their strengths AND (most importantly) provide a study/training routine that rewards the student while at the same time keep them out of their comfort zone and growing as a musician. His diverse musical interest and taste in many genera of music is impressive and rubs off on the student. His passion is contagious so one must be ready to work, have fun at it and - before you know it - you're making music !!!