- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
My goal of teaching is to help students discover their talent and love for music in a natural way. I began jamming music with my parents when I was 3 years old. I remember the feeling of joy and excitement when making music with them. Now as a teacher, I try to bring this enjoyment based approach to classes and teach my students to not think they are working and instead, enjoy the practice of making music. I believe that when a student is inspired and enjoys the learning process, they naturally strive to get better.
As I began playing piano at a very young age, I've developed an ability called absolute pitch. It is a rare auditory phenomenon that enabled me to play nearly any song I heard, without having a score. And this really help me to teach my students the songs they love as scores are not always readily available and I am able to write out a customized score that suits their level.
My students will have covered different areas of music, including classical repertoire, jazz, rock, pop, composition and theory. I give private lessons for all ages and levels for piano in my technology integrated home studio in Briarcliff Manor, NY. I received my degree from Berklee College of Music and New York University. I'm also certified with the associated board of the Royal school of music and Trinity College of Music in London.
Grand piano, full size electric keyboard, violin, acoustic guitar, electric guitar, amps, accordion, microphone, music computer games, recording and composing software, seating area for parents.
· Piano · In studio Great instructor and very nice person!!!!
· Piano · In studio Jane is great. She was interested in what I wanted to get out of piano lessons and how I was comfortable approaching them. She is patient and helpful. During the lesson her focus is always on the student. I highly recommend Jane.
· Piano · In studio Great first lesson with Jane. I've been playing for several years and she gave me some good direction for focus during my practice time. Looking forward to my next lesson.
· Piano · In studio Jane is a great teacher! She is patient, kind, professional and talented. My daughter truly enjoys her lesson every week.
· Piano · In studio Jane is an awesome piano teacher. She takes time to explain everything and tailors the lesson to our needs. My son took piano with her for 5 years. It's sad that he cannot continue his lesson since we've moved. He talks of her often. We highly recommend her.