I have a Masters of Music Performance Degree from Southern Methodist University and a Bachelors of Music Performance Degree from Wichita State University. I have been teaching all styles of guitar since 1975 in college settings and privately.
I have taught classes and private lessons at Richland College since 1999.
I have performed Berg's Wozzeck, Mozart's Don Giovanni, and Lehar's The Merry Widow with the Dallas Opera.
I have performed in the Dallas area since 1980.
I have taught classes and private lessons at TCC since 1980.
· Guitar · In studio Excellent teacher can't wait for next lesson.
· Blues Guitar · In home I went to 2 instructors prior to Jan & I couldn't be more pleased & happy with finding Jan! He's everything I expected from an instructor & more! I taught Karate most of my life & Jan is a great teacher! It's easy to tell he loves to teach! Thank You for asking! Jim
· Acoustic Guitar · In home I am amazed on how fast I'm starting to catch on. I'm 44 and the adage of teaching an old dog new trick may be somewhat true but working with Jan is allowing me to develop how I need too. I'm excited to see what will be next.
· Guitar · In home Each lesson gets better and better!! Thanks Jan
· Guitar · In home His patients and easing into the first lesson has been a great start. Looking forward to many more.
· Acoustic Guitar · In studio I could not have had a better learning experience than the one I've had with Jan Ryberg. Regardless of the question I presented, he's always been able to not only dissect and demonstrate, but is wonderful at simplifying and conveying a method that is graspable and less intimidating to me as well. His capability of performing a copious amount of styles and techniques, exposed me to several I was not even aware of yet. His patience and flexibility of curriculum towards my needs has helped me gain confidence in performing and song-writing.
There are too many great things I could say about Jan, but I'll just close this review with this: Jan Ryberg is probably best thing that could happen to anyone wanting to learn guitar.
· Guitar · In studio My 12 year old son has taken both classical and acoustic guitar with Jan for nearly 5 years. Jan has been nothing short of an amazing teacher. He is extremely patient and has made lessons quite fun. He also has a wealth of knowledge about different techniques and styles, as well as music history and composition.
· Classical Guitar · In studio I have taken lessons from Jan Ryberg for almost 10 years, I have learned so much theory, technique and music! He even taught me how to play bass!
· Classical Guitar · In studio He helped me out a lot on technique and sight reading.
· Classical Guitar · In studio I have taken class guitar, private lessons, and guitar ensemble with Jan. All of which were both fun and very educational. He is very patient, excellent at explaining technique and theory, and chooses pieces that are fun to play and that will help the student improve their technique and musicianship. In addition, he relates well to students of all ages and musical backgrounds.
I would highly recommend Jan to anyone who is interested in learning to play guitar or improving their skills.