- Teaches students:
- Ages 5+ and special needs
- Teaching since:
Hello! My name is JD and I am a professional drummer. I've been playing for 18 years and in that time I've toured through 30 states and played everything from large festivals to small basements. I'm well versed in a wide variety of styles, from blues and pop, to punk and metal. When you take lessons with me, we're going to learn your way. Everybody operates differently, so we will work together to find the best way for you to achieve your goals. With every student, we will begin our introduction by creating a curriculum together, so we can always be on the same page with learning the things you both need AND want to, without missing any of the good stuff!
Just a few things you can expect from our lessons are:
- Understanding of rhythm and timing
- Basic fundamentals behind tuning and placement
- Learning to play REAL songs of your choice
- Controlling techniques unique to your playing style
- Breathing and posture importance
- How to choose gear (Don't let others decide for you!!!)
- Learning to play alongside other instruments
and most importantly: How to find your sound!
I believe wholeheartedly in an open door approach, so if you have any questions prior to signing up for lessons, please do not hesitate to ask!
I look forward to meeting all of you, and lets rock!