Professional Korean linguist, liaison and cultural consultant. I started my linguistics career as a tutor and an instructor and have made my way up through working as a textbook writer, interpreter, translator, voice-over into the position I am in now. Full-blooded Korean, I was born in Republic of Korea - commonly known as South Korea - but was tossed back and forth from Korea to United Kingdom. From a young age, I was forced to be bilingual and forced to mend cultural gaps and balance two very different cultures. Thus something I have learnt from a very young age and gained professional knowledge on as I have worked in the industry. I have a passion for teaching and one of the services I offer as a cultural consultant is employee relocation training for businessmen and engineers.
I have taught students from various backgrounds, Koreans, Americans, Korean-Americans, Chinese from age 5 to as old as a professor in his 50s. I am able to customize the lesson to fit the needs of the student and capitalizing on my skills as a cultural consultant, am able to provide a mend in the cultural gap, and not solely on linguistics. You will find that I am an encouraging teacher, but if you do not have a desire to learn, I will not have a desire to teach.
· Korean · Online I requested lessons for my 8 year old son. Jamee has been very helpful, supportive and responsive to his questions. She is a dedicated teacher who is good at explaining new concepts. My son has really enjoyed taking Korean from her.
· Korean · Online It was great and friendly
· Korean · Online I love Jamee. She is awesome. She knows what I need to know in my lessons and the levels I need to be on.
· Korean · Online Jamee was great at making sure we used all our time well! She did a great job reviewing things I've learned in the past so we could move on to new material. I'm excited to keep taking lessons with her!
· Korean · Online Great first start! Very thorough and fast paced. Jamee is very adept at figuring out your skill level and adapting. Appreciate the general background information about Korean language. Very excited about our future lessons.
· Korean · Online Jamee is great. She is patient and informative and really knows and understands what she is teaching. Cannot wait to continue my lessons with her
· Korean · Online Great knowledge and patience, very intelligent and helpful instructor, would recommend without reservation.
· Korean · Online Great lesson! Shes is super nice and was extremely patient with my strong accent. I look forward to keep learning from Jamie.
· Korean · Online I would give her 6 stars if I could! My daughter loves her. Jamee is easy to understand. She is always bringing new tasks to the lessons. She would bring Korean movies to go over scenes and music from my daughter's favorite bands, to do translation exercises. My daughter likes how Jamee implements outside tools for her understanding of the language. She works really well with her, and keeps her motivated. Recommend!
· Korean · Online She's very encouraging and she explains things very well :-D