- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
I am currently earning a masters degree in viola performance at The Hartt School, with separate emphases in music theory, conducting, and strings pedagogy.
In the past year, I was a teaching artist at the Incredible Children's Art Network in Santa Barbara, where I was exposed to many teaching methods and techniques, among them the El Sistema method of strings pedagogy. I was also a musical mentor at Santa Barbara Strings, where I led string sectionals, and coached chamber music groups.
Teaching is a great opportunity to get to know a young artist. My primary goal as a teacher has always been to help my students discover their own musical voices. In our lessons together, we will explore your personal musical interests, and I will also introduce you to an applied technical approach to the viola and violin, which I will cater to your individual technical and musical needs!
· Violin · In studio My daughter began her first year of violin lessons with Jake at her school when she was in 4th grade . She enjoyed taking lessons with him and remembers discussions they had about the history of the violin. She said he was a good teacher - patient and explained things well. She received a good fundamental background in the violin and that has carried over to her continuing into her second year of lessons.
· Viola · In studio Fantastic teacher! I worked with Jake at the Incredible Children's Art Network (formerly of Santa Barbara, CA) and had watched Jake build positive healthy relationships with each of our students. He focused on establishing a safe learning environment and individualizing lessons for students with various needs.
His easy going temperament, open mind, and professional mindset made him easy to work with as a colleague.
· Violin · In studio I worked with Jake at the Incredible Children's Art Network. Jake has a dedication to students' learning, great adaptability and flexibility with different learners, and a willingness to embrace feedback to better his teaching. He forms meaningful relationships with his students and uses his expertise to help their musical development.
Parents: He's responsible, respectful, and genuinely cares for your child's musical development. At the Incredible Children's Art Network, he worked extensively with first-year, beginning violin students (ages 7-9).
Private students: Jake is an accomplished performer, great communicator, and can help you grow musically, while making violin/viola fun.