Starting violin-playing at 4, Jae-In became the youngest winner of the Korea national music competition at the age of 7, and made a solo concerto debut with one of the major orchestras in Korea at 10. Since the debut, She has made further solo appearances with Seoul Symphony, Port Angeles Symphony, Seattle Philharmonic, Sammamish Symphony, Daejeon Philharmonic, Washington Idaho Symphony, etc. Jae-In has won 1st prizes in many renowned competitions, including New York International Music Concours, American Protégé International Competition, Korea-Germany Brahms Music Competition, Baroque String Competition, Ladies Musical Club Competition, and Carmel Music Society Competition. She received musical education from the Pre-college of Korean National University of Arts, Yonsei University in Korea (BM), Yale University (MM), and University of Washington (DMA).
As an active soloist and chamber musician, Jae-In has been performing in North America, Europe and Asia, and the venue includes Carnegie Hall, Lincoln Center in New York, Benaroya Hall in Seattle, Sunset Center in Carmel, Seoul Arts Center in Korea, Teatro Gayarre in Spain. She gave the world premiere of works by many award-winning composers: Jordan Kuspa and Fay Kueen Wang, as well as has participated in various recording projects beyond the classical world. She also has been passionately involved in music pedagogy and had taught violin, viola, and chamber music at Bellevue High School, Gloria Chamber Music Academy, and Yale University. Shin currently serves as a concertmaster of Seattle Philharmonic orchestra and often performs live on local and national television and radio.
*** Lesson Details ***
Jae-In teaches private lessons for Violin, Viola, and Chamber Ensemble at Jane's violin studio in Seattle, Washington. Since 2003 her students have won national music competitions and received scholarships to continue their studies at the college level.
*** Studio Equipment ***
Parking's available. Musics, Etude books, Music stand, Metronome, Rest area, Wifi, Computer,
*** Specialties ***
Music Performance, Musical Education, Music Theory
Violin, Viola, Chamber Music, Music Ensemble
Classic, Jazz, Electronic
· Violin · In studio She is very knowledgeable and observant. It was a great experience for a first lesson.
· Violin · In studio Very patient and experienced. Gave some great tips for note reading
and handouts to work from.
· Violin · In studio I played violin for two years in Jr High school. That is to say, I was way past "Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star" but couldn't quite do vibrato without ripping the violin away from my face. That was 30 years ago. I hadn't touched a violin until about a month ago.
Jae-In listens patiently and adapts her approach to what works best for me. For example, I explained that I can barely read music, I learned by sound when the orchestra rehearsed and memorized the material. I'm older and have both the discipline and desire to learn to read music. So half my homework she played for me to memorize and the other half helps build my music reading. :)
I feel privileged to have somebody of Jae-In's caliber as a teacher. Her skill with the violin is absolutely superb. Even more importantly, she is super friendly and kind. She immediately made me feel welcome as she greeted me with a big smile. With her, I can go from beginner to advanced without needing to switch teachers. This, I feel, reduces the likelihood that I will form a habit early in my training that limits my progress further down the road.
I highly recommend Jae-In no matter your age or playing level.
· Violin · In home I had my very first lesson with Jae-In and I liked it a lot. She is helping me to get a good foundation and although I bought only 5 classes to see how that goes, I will probably get some more. I like her dedication and I sensed that she truly want you to succeed. I like her teaching style a lot.
· Violin · In studio Great first lesson. Thank you.
· Violin · In studio Jae-In is one of the most competent violinists in the Seattle area. As a teacher she is very analytical and puts a lot of thought and effort into her students's progress. I am a former semi-professional player who stopped playing the violin for 20 years. I recently started practicing again, but felt that I needed more direction and guidance. I have progressed more in the last two months working with Jae-In than I have in the previous 1 1/2 years since I picked up the instrument.
· Violin · In studio I was lucky to study with her cuz she is a professional, personable, and motivating teacher.
I leaned not just how to play violin, but how to practice on my own and listen to myself. So I notice that I'm improving my playing each time I practice.
· Violin · She's the finest violinist and teacher I've seen.
Jane's very devoted and responsible to her students and she knows how to keep them inspired and loving playing violin.
My son couldn't get into the college receiving full scholarship without her.