I'm Jackie. I've been a professional photographer for 10 years and absolutely love teaching. I've taught in both high school and university levels and enjoy giving students a new perspective on viewing the world around them. You can check out my work here: http://jackielamas.com.
Doesn't matter if you are a novice or advanced, I can teach you what you want to learn and how to achieve great photos.
Contact me today so we can get started!
All lessons are done either via Skype or on the Take Lessons platform biweekly. This gives you time to practice and apply what we've learned during our lessons. If you have additional questions, please feel free to use the Ask A Question feature.
***I just had a baby last September so there might be interruptions during our lessons and/or rescheduling.***
Created a group/community of photographers, models, and other artists on Facebook so that we could build community, grow, and learn together in a friendly environment.
This is my own photography business where I get to shoot weddings and portraits for amazing people. My clients have taken me to various places around the world and I am in awe of how much love they have for each other! Weddings are my favorite, however, I love photographing growing families and individuals too! It's so special when I get to create something that will mean more as time goes on.
Taught high school students the basics of photography with fun activities that allowed them to use any type of camera, be it a point-and-shoot or a phone. At the end of each semester we held a photo exhibition highlighting their best work for friends and family.
Taught third year Photography I and II in the Visual Arts department. We covered the history of photography and experimented with various techniques and types of photography. Ended the year with the business side of photography and careers in the photography industry.
Professional Photographers of America (PPA) is the world's largest non-profit photography association organized for professional photographers, by professional photographers…and with over 27,000 creative members in 50+ countries. Mission Statement: Creating a vibrant community of successful professional photographers by providing education, resources and industry standards of excellence.
· Photography · Online Love it! One lesson down, plenty more to go, I'm sure. Jackie was very personable and a pleasure to get lessons from. I felt like she truly was trying to help when I had a goal in mind. I will be asking her for more lessons in the near future I'm sure!
· Photography · Online it's enjoyable learning about my camera from Jackie because she knows her business. She always sends me helpful hints and diagrams of our lesson instead of me trying to write down everything we talked about. I have a lot to learn about the camera I own and plan on Jackie helping me learn it all.
· Photography · Online I am a guy in my mid-40s who has always fancied being an amateur photographer but has never had the guts to move beyond the auto mode. But that paralyzing fear of moving beyond the auto mode is now a thing of the past, thanks to just 5 lessons with the really fantastic teacher that Jackie is. She has been really quite brilliant at helping me 'understand' some of the basic concepts of light, speed and aperture in a camera. No doubt I have a long way to go before I will ever think of myself as a good photographer, but I am definitely on my way to exploring what I can do with my camera. I am definitely coming back to her in a couple of months when my schedule eases up a bit to learn some of the more advanced aspects of photography. I could not recommend her any more enthusiastically. She has completely changed my relationship with my camera! Thanks, Jackie!
· Photography · Online My first lesson with Jackie was amazing. After reading several photography books I was still not comfortable with the camera. Just having her explain light entering the camera was so helpful. I feel like I will finally be able to conquer this monster!
· · Jackie has been a fantastic teacher! She is engaging and passionate about photography, and her passion is infectious. She has made learning something completely new to me easy and understandable, and most importantly enjoyable. Jackie guided me through every step and clearly can teach at any level. She is experienced and her work speaks for itself. Having a great time learning from her!
· Photography · Online Fantastic Instructor!!! Jackie is extremely knowledgeable and presents everything in a simple manner so that I could understand and follow easily. She goes at a perfect pace and is very thorough in covering the information. I couldn't be more pleased with the lesson. She's the BEST!!!!
· Photography · Online Jackie was awesome! She knows her stuff and explains things in a way that is very easy to understand. She is very nice and easy to communicate with.
I highly recommend her to anyone looking to take photography lessons!
· Photography · Online Really enjoyed first lesson. Jackie was very helpful.
· Photography · Online She's amazing. I've learned something new today Thank you Jackie :)
· Photography · Online Jackie was a great teacher! I really liked her personality and the fact that she was very knowledgeable. Jackie was flexible with me when it came to our schedule and I learned what I was looking for. Thank you Jackie!