Ingrid is a dedicated voice, piano musicianship, recording and live performance teacher for those who want to expand their musical knowledge, recording techniques, develop their own singing-artist style and performance skills. Students have had great success and fun learning numerous music genres while expanding their vocal range, resonance, ear training, confidence and musicianship skills as well as how to prepare for a career in music.
A native New Yorker, Ingrid has been involved in entertainment all of her life. As a child, on bi-lingual Sesame Street to a successful Hispanic jingle career, to veteran of over 25 years on the New York music scene, internationally as Eli & The Boys Jazz Quintet, Pedro & Eli Duet, and as a 2009, Latin Grammy Nominee for Volvo La Navidad.
Ingrid has managed, booked and/or performed with an impressive collection of artists; Nestor Torres, Henry Jimenez, Celia Cruz, Carlos Ponce, Tito Nieves, Johnny Ventura, Camilo Sextos, Claudia Acuna, Jerry Barnes, Katreese Barnes, Gap Band, Motor Head, Matt Bianco, Chaka Kahn, Roberta Flack, and Bradford Marsalis to name a few.
Private Piano Instructor:
North Babylon, Bellerose, Douglaston and New York City
I teach beginners to play piano, music theory and music history
Private Vocal Instructor:
New York City, Santo Domingo,-Dominican Republic, San Juan-Puerto Rico, Miami & Fort Lauderdale, FL, West Palm Beach, FL
My method is for all who want to learn to sing. From beginners to professionals. Healthy vocal technique is used to improve tone, range, vocal agility, resonance, pitch, breath control and how to incorporate all technical tools into the interpretation of a song.
Performance, confidence and control are all learned techniques all are taught to master the skills while staying relaxed and increasing vocal power with the least amount of effort.
Lessons are prepared and customized to the student’s individual interest and ability.
I teach all genres of music from Pop, Rock, R & B, Rap, Blues, Jazz, Ballads, Theater, Gospel, Standards, Dance, Salsa, Merengue, Classical, Opera, Bachata, Country and Christian in both English and Spanish.
My roster of students is complied of beginners to professional musicians and international multi Grammy awarded recording artists.
A native New Yorker, Ingrid has been involved in entertainment all of her life. As a child, on bi-lingual Sesame Street to a successful Hispanic jingle career, to veteran of 25 years on the New York music scene.
Ingrid has managed, booked and/or performed with an impressive collection of artists;, Nestor Torres, Henry Jimenez, Celia Cruz, Carlos Ponce, Tito Nieves, Johnny Ventura Camilo Sestos, Claudia Acuna, Jerry Barnes, Katreese Barnes, Gap Band, Motor Head, Matt Bianco, Chaka Kahn, Roberta Flack, and Bradford Marsalis, etc..
· Voice Acting · In studio Ingrid is an outstanding instructor and is full of energy!! She enjoys what she's doing. I like her style of instruction and look forward to future lessons.
· Voice Acting · In studio My experience was amazing. I had the chance to learn some vocal exercises, practice on my music audition coming up soon, and improve on my voice. Overall it turned out perfectly.
· Audition Prep · In studio It's only Day 1 but Ingrid is awesome to be around. She has an amazing personality and I'm overwhelmed by her experience. I'm excited to work with her and see where this leads me.
· Piano · In studio I could not have found a better instructor for my granddaughter. Fun, smart, patient and enthusiastic.
· Piano · In home My lesson got off to a slow start, but with Ingrid's high energy, I was able to catch on pretty quickly. I look forward to another lesson soon.
· Piano · In home Highly motivated and enthusiastic. She is really recommendable
· Vocal Training · In home Everything went well and I hope it was more than 30 mins. It's fun to work with Ingrid.
· Singing · In home Ingrid is an amazing teacher. She challenges you and pushes you to be the best you can be but isn't afraid to have fun. Singing lessons are what I look forward to every week because I get to learn so much and also have a ton of fun.
· Singing · In home Ingrid is awesome She made the lesson fun and enjoyable. She taught me a lot in a short time. I can't wait til the next lesson
· Piano · In studio I highly recommend Ingrid for piano lessons. I've owned a piano for many years and have been frustrated by my lack of knowledge and skill. In just a few lessons I now understand chords and scales and inversions and so much more. Ingrid broke things down for me in easy to understand terms, and now I am enjoying the piano so much more, thanks to her patience and knowledge.