- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
My passion is teaching violin so that my students enjoy freedom while playing. I use the fun of games to teach fundamental musical concepts. We have a lot of great silly time in lessons, but students often realize later how many things they picked up through these well-structured lessons.
My studies have been in classical Violin and Viola, but we can incorporate jazz, pop and rock styles for those students who are interested.
I teach violin and viola lessons to students of all ages. Private lessons include personalized, comprehensive lesson material including Violin and Viola technique, music reading and theory, improvisation, rhythm training, composition, history and aural skills. Include classical violin technique as well as jazz, blues, and popular music.
Hilary's studio has performance opportunities for all students every semester and summer workshops. Private lessons include individualized instruction and curriculum, music theory, history, improvisation and composition.
Perform educational concerts for our partner programs - the DREW school and Calvary Presbyterian Church. Offer sectionals and masterclasses.
Traveled to local schools to promote music. Worked with classes and assemblies to talk about the different string instruments in a quartet, performed special selections of classical, rock, and pop music, and talked about active listening. Worked with sizing students for proper instrument setup and helped them choose which instrument to try.
Taught general music classes to Kindergarten students. Developed a unique curriculum to work with the students from early through modern day music. Lessons included singing, percussion, composition, and music history.
· Violin · In studio Hilary understands where you are in your learning curve. She listens and observes how you play and gives you feedback as well as correcting your method by giving the best suggestions.
· Violin · In studio Very friendly, professional and good with children. Covered a lot in my daughters first 30 minute lesson.
· Violin · In studio Very kind and knowledgeable!
· Violin · In studio I am a 60 year young "beginner", and i find she has both the knowledge and the patience to keep me focused on what i must accomplish from one lesson to the next.
· Violin · In studio I felt that the lesson was very informative and efficient. I was very comfortable during the session.
· Violin · In studio Hilary is excellent with my child. They have fun together. My child learns a lot from her and she gives very detail and clear home work assignment at the end of each class. She helps us even outside class hours when we call or email her. It is hard to find someone as good as Hilary.
· Viola · In studio Hilary is super patient and with a great attitude toward teaching. Very glad to have found her and take lessons!
· Violin · In home Fun, super patient, and ready to help!
· Violin · In studio Hilary is very patient and experienced in teaching violin to my girl who is only 3 years old. I am totally impressed. My little girl is so looking forward to her lessons.
· Violin · In studio Hillary made my child feel comfortable at her first lesson. She had a fun teaching style that made the lesson enjoyable. She gave specific clear instructions that were easy to follow.