- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
Males 5 to 17
Hannah seeks to share her passions for yoga, travel, art, nature, adventure, and creativity with you!
Hannah creates balanced, fun, intellectual, refreshing yoga sequences that take you on far away imaginary journeys while also teaching deeper yoga philosophy and wellness concepts. These classes are available live in San Diego or on video (many filmed on location) to take you on an inspiring journey abroad!
With 4 years of experience as a flight attendant, and many more adventures preceding, Hannah's curiosity and adventurous spirit have explored ancient ruins, pilgrimage treks, world famous art museums, countless natural beauty vistas and monuments, while encountering and soaking in elements from worldwide cultures. She has chosen San Diego as her home because of the abundant sunshine, aesthetic design, friendly people, nourishing nature, and yogic culture.
She also had the opportunity to teach 4 years of drawing, painting, sculpture and mixed media to students from grades 5-12 at the San Diego School of Creative and Performing Arts, Torrey Pines High School, and Endeavour Academy. Her lessons focused on individual creativity and learning about historical and cultural art techniques from around the world. Through the Language of Art, she taught the Elements (line, shape, form, value, space, color, and texture) as well as the Principles (balance, contrast, proportion, variety, unity, and gradation) in each art project. Hannah encouraged every student to analyze their own artwork and the artwork of others through discussions and presentations. Today, she offers private art lessons to individuals of any age who would like to explore their creative side in their media of choice.
Hannah first tried yoga at the end of her college studies, when her fingertips were 6-8 inches from touching the ground (in forward fold), then she dabbled in yoga on Nintendo Wii. She really dove in and found transformation through Yoga One San Diego. In 2012, while serving tables at Cafe Chloe, Hannah met Laura McCorey, a teacher and blog writer from Yoga One, and began learning yoga in beautiful Balboa Park. Laura opened her perspective to the healing aspect that yoga can bring and she began to find inner balance and peace as she practiced 3-4 times a week at the studio for the following years to the present. With an athletic background of a runner and hiker, Hannah gradually began to increase in flexibility, balance and whole body strength. Today, her palms can press against the earth in forward fold! This teaches us that yoga is not for the flexible, but it is here to help us become more flexible!
In fall of 2014, after completing the Rainbow Kids Yoga Training, she stumbled upon the opportunity to also teach yoga to her students at the charter school. She continued to deepen her practice as she received her 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Certifficate from Yoga One San Diego in March 2015. Hannah shared her passion of travel by taking kids through imaginary journeys to different places. This passion evolved into teaching live adult adventure classes at Yoga One San Diego and Waterfront Park.
Hannah's students have been able to experience the joy and health benefits that yoga has to offer. Hannah emphasizes safety in getting into and out of poses, proper alignment, and the benefits of breathing with your movements (Vinyasa Flow). She incorporates partner poses like 'Bicycle" and "House" to teach trusting and interconnected relationships.
Hannah enjoys inspiring her students through a full body experience of movement with breath, muscle strength and flexibility, connection with others, listening to verbal instructions and stories, playing world music, aromatherapy, and symbolism through visual art.
Hannah has had the opportunity to teach a Kids Summer Camp in 2015 that connects the yoga lessons to her art lessons. For example, she taught a Rain forest theme lesson with poses like tree, frog, jaguar, and rainbow, then incorporated illustration examples through books about the Rain forest, and students drew and colored their own illustration with these animals and objects. Further, after a yoga lesson of Things that Fly, students created bald eagles with vinyl by tracing their hands for the wings. Hannah aspires to share her light and enthusiasm to anyone who is open.
Hannah loves Half Moon pose and the contrast that it represents with the sun, similar to yin/yang philosophy. There are many contrasts in our life that are meant to be observed and appreciated: night/day, inhale/exhale, forward-bend/back-bend, hot/cold, energetic/calm, in/out, up/down, new/old, fast/slow, work/play, travel/home, left/right, clean/dirty, empty/full, difficult/easy, and young/old. She is inspired to continue to grow on her journey and share it with you!
With over 10 years of piano lesson experience, I love to share my knowledge to new or intermediate level students. I cater your learning experience based on your preferences at your level. For example, If you want to play the classics, we'll get started with Fur Elise. However, if you're into more contemporary popular culture pieces to impress your friends, we can start with the Star Wars theme song. I combine theory, technique, practice, counting, vocabulary, and performance pieces.
In this beginning and intermediate level Vinyasa Flow class, we use blocks, blankets, and straps as I breakdown poses and we flow with our breath.
These summer classes led kids on imaginary journeys Around the world through one hour of yoga, followed by one hour of art related to the subject. For example, on our journey to Egypt, we did poses like Camel, Sphinx, and Mummy; then we created self-portrait profiles in the manner of the Ancient Egyptian Hierogyphics.
I teach live classes for all ages at Waterfront park every Sunday. In these classes we go on imaginary journeys to places in which we learn about symbolism, art, and yoga philosophy through fun poses.
I have also created video courses on these themes, Lessons from Abroad.
I taught drawing, painting, mixed media, collage, sculpture, and yoga to ages 5-14 at Endeavour Acadmeny. Unfortunately, administrative descisions and a decline in enrollment led to a school closure in June 2015.
This 8-week course specialized in anatomy, technique (safely getting into and out of poses), using appropriate foundation, inner energy, meditation, breathing techniques, vinyasa flow, sequencing, etc.
This 3 day workshops taught me how to keep children and young adults safe while having fun and learning physical education techniques for yoga. We focused on games, animal poses, fun music, breathing techniques, quiet time, understanding and respecting space and others.
· Piano · In home I am Mia's grandmother. She has shown an interest in piano and has just turned 10 a few days ago. She loves lessons with Hannah and has completed her fifth lesson and will continue on.
Hannah is patient and Mia enjoys learning from her. I sit nearby during her home lessons and feel the teaching technique is perfect for Mia.
I took lessons as a child and feel Mia has accomplished much in five lessons while having fun and enjoying the songs she is playing.
I would highly recommend Hannah to anyone who has an interest in learning how to play the piano.
I chose piano lessons as a Christmas gift to my granddaughter. I waited until she showed an interest in learning piano and I'm happy to have found a great teacher. Thank you TakeLessons and thank you Hannah.
· Piano · In home The girls absolutely adore her...they can't wait for Hannah to come every week for thier lessons!
· Piano · In home Very patient with my little ones especially the 4 year old...the girls said they liked Hannah.
· Piano · In studio The kids really enjoy lessons with her
· Piano · In studio I love having Hannah as my piano teacher. She is incredibly kind, patient, and considerate. She is superb at customizing the lessons to my interests and her positive attitude empowers me though challenging pieces. I trust her implicitly to provide the best music has to offer and I look forward to learning new topics and techniques each week. I give her my highest recommendation.
· Drawing · In home My daughter has been a student of Hannah's for over a year. My daughter's talent has grown and developed quite a bit under her instruction. An added bonus, my daughter loves her! Highly recommended by child and parents!
· Yoga · In studio Hannah is a fantastic art and yoga teacher! Hannah taught art and yoga at my daughter's school. Since my daughter enjoyed Hannah's classes so much during the school year, she continued to taking classes from her over the summer at Yoga One studio in Downtown San Diego.
· Yoga · In studio My 3 girls, ages 9, 9, and 7 and yoga and art with Ms. Hannah and loved every minute of it. She is cheerful, energetic, motivating, creative, and kind. My girls not only learned but loved the learning. One of my daughter's has tightness in her legs and through Ms. Hannah's yoga class she was able to touch her toes (something she had never done before)! It was not only an enjoyable class, it was life changing.
My children were also lucky enough to have Ms. Hannah as an art teacher as well. She is extremely knowledgeable and does a great job of creating lessons that the children will enjoy while at the same time teaching them about a certain style or a certain artist.
Thank you Ms. Hannah!
· Yoga · In studio Hannah has a wonderful, bright energy about her and is adept at working with students of every age. Her thorough preparation for each student or class and understanding of body mechanics leave you in very capable hands, no matter your health or fitness goals.
· Yoga · Online I have some shoulder issues that prevent me from doing a lot, and Hannah recorded a routine that I can do that helps me continue my yoga practice without having to force my shoulders in any position that isn't right. I highly recommend Hannah for in person or online yoga instruction.