- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
I have been surrounded by music my whole life and have played violin for 16 years. I went to high school at the Interlochen Arts Academy, obtained a BM in violin performance at Oberlin Conservatory, and am now a Master's student at the Boston Conservatory. I have won competitions, played in professional orchestra gigs, performed with college faculty, soloed with an orchestra, and won the Jack Kent Cooke Young Artists Award.
I have completed a pedagogy course in college and at the graduate level. I have taught children, teens, and adults alike. I had the fortune of studying with wonderful teachers and strive to be like them and pass on their wisdom.
I am passionate about teaching out of a desire to help people express themselves and appreciate music on a deeper level. I am very enthusiastic and adapt my approach to each student's level, personality, and needs while seeking to build a good rapport. I make creative analogies to keep them engaged. I am positive while critiquing because I believe negativity is counterintuitive to effective learning. I have experience working with elementary school kids, having spent three years employed at a Boys and Girls Club.
Just as I believe in culturing love of music in children, I truly enjoy working with older and more experienced students. I am very eager to help them develop their musicality and good technique. I have an extensive repertoire list and thus am able to aid students in learning challenging music such as show pieces and concertos.
I predominantly teach classical music but have helped students in other music activities. With older and more advanced students I am willing to teach music of their own choosing. I have also helped a student prepare for college auditions.
I really look forward to meeting new students and to inspire them to be at their best!
Eureka is a multi-institutional and community outreach interactive non-profit ensemble based in Boston.
Performed in multiple concerts as part of Orchestra Iowa
Performed the Piano Quintet No. 2 in A major, Op. 81, with members of University of Iowa faculty and Orchestra Iowa as part of a chamber group.
· Audition Prep · In home Ha-eun is an extremely devoted instructor and she has been helping me for my audition in a youth orchestra. She is really patient but always eager to push us to our best. She pays attention to the details and give thousands of helpful tips without sounding like a rigid teacher but using a friendly and communicative approach. I feel so lucky to found her on TakeLessons. I never expected an instructor to be so devoted and helpful. Her high efforts to help me makes me feel so motivated to do my best and make her proud. I would continue my lessons with her even though the audition was done!
· Violin · In studio I have been taking violin lessons with Ha-eun for a couple of months now and I am very excited to be working with her. It is a real pleasure. She is very educated/talented musically and is very patient with me. She works with students of varying music levels. I have some music experience both through school and through previous violin lessons years ago when I was younger. We began working where I left off. Her lessons are very organized and they consist of 2 components, both a music theory component and a technical component where I learn how to hold the violin/bow correctly. During my first lesson, she had the patience to tune my violin (despite the cold winter which can really affect violin sound/make tuning hard), set my shoulder rest properly on the violin and set the "No fret" violin finger board tape which can take a while. I really enjoy taking lessons with her and I anticipate working with her for a long time moving forward in my violin education. It is with no hesitation and no reservation that I recommend Ha-Eun for new students as well as those wanting to go back to learning the violin like me. She has a very positive attitude and is very patient when I have difficulty learning anything. I'm very happy I found her on TakeLessons and I look forward to many many more lessons with her!