- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
Greg Hersey is a recent graduate from the University of North Florida School of Music with a Masters degree in Percussion Performance. Greg serves as a percussion instructor for Atlantic Coast High School, Episcopal High School and Providence High School. Greg currently resides in Jacksonville Florida and is involved in the community theatre scene performing and serving as musical director in various productions. He has served as the Principal Percussionist for the University of North Florida’s Wind Symphony under the direction of Dr. Gordon Brock. As a member of the UNF Orchestra, Greg has performed in the 2016 world premier of Piotr Szewczyk’s Percussion Concerto. In 2015 Greg was 1 of 30 semi-finalists nationwide in the Guitar Center Drum Off, representing the state of Florida and southeast region. As an educator, Greg finds educating aspiring percussionists to be a tremendously rewarding experience.
· Percussion · In studio Great drummer and helpful, but watching him play with a group was troubling. His percussion skills are also extremely week for having a masters in percussion.
· Marimba · In studio Greg has been instructing my 16 year old son for well over a year for marimba, drum set, tambourine, and various other percussion instruments. He has greatly improved my son's technique on all of the above. As a result, my son has earned Superior MPA ratings for a marimba solo and a tambourine ensemble. His percussion tambourine ensemble earned a Superior rating from the State competitions, as well. Greg is very patient, knowledgeable, responsible and easy going. The lessons are very focused, and Greg encourages questions and feedback from the student. I highly recommend him as an instructor.
· Drum · In studio My 14 yr old son has been taught by Greg for over a year now, and he enjoys their lessons immensely. Within the first month, I noticed a huge boost to his confidence and enjoyment while playing, not to mention the tremendous difference in my son's skill level. Greg helped my son prepare for our state's Solo and Ensemble festival where my son earned a Superior rating on his snare drum piece, which would not have been possible without Greg's efforts. Greg is fun to work with, is flexible with our demanding schedule, and always passes on very useful tips and techniques to make the lessons productive.
· Drum · In studio My teenage son has been taking lessons for a couple of months and he really looks forward to his lessons. Greg is knowledgable and patient and my son says, "stays with you until you learn it". My son really responds well to his instruction and encouragement and it's gratifying to see him gaining confidence. Not only is my son learning a lot technically, but through Greg's teaching, he is also developing a deeper awareness of music and how the drums play their part. It is evident that Greg loves what he does and wants to impart that to his students. It has been easy to schedule lessons with him and Greg is very proactive with his communication through email or telephone. We are thrilled with the results so far!
· Drum · In studio My 9 year old son has been going to Greg for several months now. My son has progressed so much and best of all, he's doing it with a huge smile. Greg makes learning fun, has been really flexible with scheduling lessons, and super patient.
· Drum · In home Greg has been teaching my 10 year old for over a month now. My son really looks forward to his lessons, and is excited at the progress he is making with Greg's help. Greg relates well to him, and emphasizes good technical skills and form, but also makes it fun. Well done!