I graduated from Oxford University and Master of Music Degree from Tehran university .Also I have had many years experience in piano teaching at Arasbaran Art Institute and had the privilege to gain experience under many famous supervision of Maestro . I teach piano and keyboard. I have fifteen years experience teaching to all kinds of learning styles.
My Teaching Philosophy
My approach to teaching music is to have the student work at their own pace or my location. I incorporate theory, in both my piano training and keyboard. I keep a strong eye and ear on technique, and develop good practice and performance habits.
For my singing students I use age appropriate songs, and often we choose music together, based on interest and the students needs and experience. Students tape their lessons, and use the tape to practice vocal exercises and songs.
For my piano students I use several books, depending on the age of the student, and their background. I always include a Theory Book, Lesson Book, and Performance Book. I begin by getting the student familiar with the piano, and the finger number positions, and gradually teach reading the music, while building skill with fingering techniques.
*** Lesson Details ***
I HAVE 2 PRIMARY GOALS FOR BEGINNER LESSONS:
#1. Provide a strong musical foundation
#2. Keep students interested in playing
FOR INTERMEDIATE/ADVANCED PLAYERS:
There are SO MANY THINGS you might be interested in working on such as â¦.
1. Learning pieces as quickly/efficiently as possible
2. Creating proper practice habits so youâre not spending wasteful time at the piano.
3. Learning effective techniques for memorization.
4. Improving your âFeelâ
5. Improving your technique so you can play effortlessly fast!!
6. Interpretation of pieces from the different classical periods
7. Improving understanding of Music Theory
8. Song writing!! Yes, you can do it yourself!!
9. Performance (Yes, this is a skill, separate from learning the song is learning to perform it!)
Iâve got specific techniques for all of the above, and more.
I shouldnât give away all our goodies here! Come take a lesson to see what Iâm talking about!
The Texas Private School Music Educators Association, founded in 1992, is an organization of over 200 private school music educators dedicated to promoting excellence in music education. TPSMEA is comprised of four divisions: Band, Orchestra, Vocal, and Elementary.
MTAC aspires to be the recognized leader in (1) Student Programs, which make a positive impact in the quality of music education and in the lives of music students; (2) Member Programs, which inspire quality teaching, the pursuit of ongoing teacher education and member involvement with community outreach; (3) a thriving Foundation, which funds Student Programs and member needs through its investments, donations, and grants.
· Piano · In home My son is 6 years old and he is very happy taking piano lessons with Fred. He is so nice, friendly and patient. My son started with Fred about 1 year ago and so far so good! I recommend Fred because he is very encouraging and supportive to my son. I am so glad I switched piano teachers because Fred has all the qualities I was looking for in a piano instructor. My son is learning more each week and he is having fun taking lessons with Fred!
· Piano · In home Fred is a great teacher, he has been teaching our daughter for only few month and has created so much interest in her. I believe that a good teacher is the best and the most important thing in teaching for children. Fred is a wonderful teacher who is patient with children and listens to them and creates interest in them. He adjusts the lessons to the students so students love and look forward to the next lesson. He is very professional and I highly recommend him.
· Piano · In home Fred is a wonderful piano teacher. He is doing a great job on my son with his piano lessons. My son is very excited each time he works with Fred. He instructs at the age level of my son, so he could understand and follow directions pretty easy. I totally recommend him for any parents or individual that likes to learn piano in classic and middle eastern theme.
Thank you Fred.