- Levels Taught:
- Teaches students:
- Ages 5+
- Teaching since:
- July 1997
Being a Berklee College of Music Graduate with a Masters in Music
Education from Boston University, I have been playing for almost 30
years and teaching private lessons for 15+, I am a Professional
Instructor that has the ability and resources to teach several styles
ranging from Rock to Classical to Jazz to Country to Metal. In other
words, anything you want to learn I can teach you or your child using the songs and exercises necessary to help you become a real musician.
*** Lesson Details ***
The lessons are tailored to you and your wants as a musician. Whether
you have an electric, acoustic, or classical guitar, along with various method books, I have the music,
print outs, and instructional material to make sure you progress as you
The lessons will help you learn to play guitar through chord diagrams,
theory, charts, examples, and exercises, as well as anything you hear on
*** Studio Equipment ***
I have a lot of guitars, amps, pedals, woodwind instruments, keyboards, and recording equipment. Instruments everywhere!
*** Travel Equipment ***
The students should have their own instrument and method book. Other that that, I provide all other handouts and supplemental material and handouts.
*** Specialties ***
I work the most in rock, bluegrass, country, contemporary, and jazz styles.
• Director and Music Instructor for Private and Group Lessons, Harmony, Theory, and Performance Ensembles.
• Teach guitar, bass, clarinet, saxophone, and piano lessons to students of all ages and backgrounds.
• Responsible for group and individual woodwind lessons focusing on overall technique and musicality, including facility, breath, phrasing, dynamics, and articulation.
• Proficiency on recorder, flute, clarinet, soprano, alto, and tenor saxophone, piano, and guitar.
• Teaching of rote songs to establish early tonality and rhythm.
• Instill various rhythmic concepts, including fast, slow, and steady beats enhanced through specific instruments.
• Test each student’s ability to listen and play instruments with other students, a metronome, and to pre-recorded music.
• Impart specialized knowledge of theoretical music learning and instrumental performances through a variety of exercises, activities, and structured practice.
• Develop and author the curriculum used in the Ryan’s Guitars Program.
• Identify, interview, and hire qualified instructors.
• Provide oversight and instruction to the program’s instructors.
• Offer guidance, criticism, and the analysis of student progress and participation in the Project.
• Assisted Mix Engineer to the only Engineer-in-Residence at Avatar Studios.
• Worked with such artists as Roberta Flack, Tal Wilkinson, and Dream Theater.
• Recalled all mix information including the Pro Tools HD setup with a Yamaha DM2000 Console including microphone choice, microphone placement, outboard gear, and patchbay information.
• Maintained the media inventory, equipment, and outboard gear.
Excellent first lesson
Frankie teaches the perfect mix of fun and serious technique! His care to make sure the student not only learns but understands why and what they are learning has me excited to stick with piano for the long haul! I can't wait to se what future lessons bring! :)+ Read More
Great, knowledgeable teacher. Highly recommend.
He quickly assess my dayghter's level and began immediately teaching her new notes and how to read music.
Great instructor. Explains things clearly. A pleasure taking the lessons each week.